GET OUT OF THAT RUT!! (attn: june starters)

Options
Let me encourage those of you who are in a slump........TRY SOMETHING NEW!!
I was in a nasty rut... So, instead of staying in that rut, like I have done before and start re-packing on the pounds, I decided to (wait for it......its profound)... GET OUT OF THE RUT. Yeah. That's it. Nothing big and miraculous sounding... but it is big and miraculous... DECIDE TO DO IT. The power of our mind is incredible!! Make the conscious decision that you are not going to stay where you are. You are going to move forward... My work out was getting stale and I wasn't motivated to really get to it everyday... So, I realized that I was falling back into the old trends.... WHOAAAA... Don't want that!!!
I looked for something new and exciting and fresh and fun!! I found Zumba!!! I love it and I am blasting the calories... Goodbye rut!! Until we meet again. Because I'm realistic and I know we will. But I am ready for you... :happy: Plan to keep it fresh!! Don't let it get stale!
We can (scratch that) We WILL do this!!!! I will do this!

Replies

• MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    We will do this, enough is enough.

Great attitude, kandyjo.

You know, enthusiasm is contagious and you sure do have great energy.

I think that when we say to ourselves enough is enough, there comes a feeling inside of us, that will do anything and everything to achieve our wait loss goals.

We can do this!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    We will do this, enough is enough.

Great attitude, kandyjo.

You know, enthusiasm is contagious and you sure do have great energy.

I think that when we say to ourselves enough is enough, there comes a feeling inside of us, that will do anything and everything to achieve our wait loss goals.

We can do this!

I totally agree that ATTITUDE is 90% of it! :laugh: I know that it worked for me to decide that I deserved better. I recognized my old habits sneaking back into my life... and I KNOW where my old habits got me...230 pounds. So, I had to slap myself around a bit :wink: and tell myself, to get going. I know my personality, so I knew I needed something fresh. I was so glad that our local wellness center offers Zumba classes... I would highly recommend Zumba. Its fun! and a GREAT workout!!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Zumba is enough to blast anyone out of a rut!!!! I love my ZUMBA :smile:

good luck !
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Zumba is enough to blast anyone out of a rut!!!! I love my ZUMBA :smile:

good luck !

YAY!!!! another ZUMBA lover!!! I :heart: Zumba!!!! AND right now I am extremely THANKFUL for it... It totally helped me get back on track! :smile:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! I can't recommend it enough.

It has changed my body, my confidence and my motivation!

It's a fantanstic workout. You'll be sweating and exhausted by the end but so happy you went.
    Depending on how hard you work you can burn up to 500 calories in ONE dance class!

It's becoming more popular and most gyms are offering it. ..DEFINITELY worth looking into!

Just keep on keepin' on! You're all doing great! :drinker:
  • rochelle971
    rochelle971 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the pep talk. Boy was I in a rut this past week, and I won't even mention how mean my scale was to me this morning, but my workout this morning was great and I'm back in the game!!

270514.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kandyjo
    Options
    yeah.... Ruts SUCK!!!
    But what is important is that we get back up and on with the journey!!!

Some paper work I got on the zumba class said you could burn 600 calories... 500 sounds a little more realistic... BUT I will take whatever!!! :laugh:
    I just know its fun and a great workout... And surprisingly... my abs are a little sore today from the workout last night... Our instructor added a lot of moves that really worked our core.. LOVE IT!!! :heart:
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Some paper work I got on the zumba class said you could burn 600 calories... 500 sounds a little more realistic... BUT I will take whatever!!! :laugh:
    I just know its fun and a great workout... And surprisingly... my abs are a little sore today from the workout last night... Our instructor added a lot of moves that really worked our core.. LOVE IT!!! :heart:
    [/quote]

Either way, 500-600 calories burned is SO MUCH! And it's so much fun burning it off in zumba!

I've never met a person who didn't like it and I'm happy to gush about it via mfp! :love:
  • kandyjo
    Options

Either way, 500-600 calories burned is SO MUCH! And it's so much fun burning it off in zumba!

I've never met a person who didn't like it and I'm happy to gush about it via mfp! :love:
    [/quote]

Absolutely... I am a total fanatic now :heart: