Morning or Night ??

Options
When do you like to workout?

I have getting up an hour earlier to start my run. I helps me wake up and jumpstarts my day. I always feel refreshed afterwards.

Also, do you eat before or after a workout?

Thanks for Your Input :)

Friend Requests Accepted

Replies

• browneyez27
    browneyez27 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i try to hit the gym in the mornings, cuz im full of excuses by the time the evening hits lol ..... when i workout in the morning i try to eat afterwards...i heard the caloric burn is greater on an empty stomach, but who really knows? if i do drag my @ss to the gym at night, i try to eat just a little beforehand otherwise i feel gross and tired ...then eat dinner when i get home :)

whatever works for ya :)

add me if u like :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I an evening worker outer. I've done the morning workouts and enjoyed it, but I'm way too likely to skip the workout in the am. I am very much not a morning person.

Obviously I eat throughout the day before my workout, but I try not to eat right before it and I always eat within an hour after. Even if I workout at 9 o'clock at night, my body needs a little snack to help me recuperate.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    If it's the weekend, I usually work out about an hour after I wake up while my husbandis still asleep. During the week, I work out right when I get home at 4. I have tried and just cannot wake up earlier than I have to in order to work out. My husband gets up about 5:00 for work and I've tried to stay up and workout and I just can't do it.

So, I can only do AM if I wake up on my own and give myself a little time to full wake up, otherwise, it's in the afternoon.

When we lived near a gym, my husband had to work at 6am. He got up at 4 and went to the gym then work.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Night. I can barely wake up in time for work...
  • joeystilley
    Options
    I do both some days i work out in the morning some days at night after 7pm. Just to fit it in my schedule.. also mix up my eating sometimes b4 sometimes after.. doesnt seem to make a difference for my.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I wake up early to do my cardio and then later at night I hit the gym to do my weight training. I find that doing cardio in the morning gives me a jump start for the day as well.
  • Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jcamby
    jcamby Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I workout when the kids go to bed, around 8:30PM or 9PM....I'm not a morning exerciser. I do my best workouts at night!
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Insanity at 6 AM! if I wait until the end of the day I'll just get lazy gets me going. I usually walk or do somehting else in the evenings as well.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm a night time work out person!! Usually 7pm-ish. On weekends I'll try to do mornings because it does feel good to get it over early in the day but I'll actually get light headed:sick: I do much better later in the day!
  • stormguy
    stormguy Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm surprised I'm the first one to mention lunchtime... I use my lunch break at work to go hit the gym. I have to hurry (5 minutes to drive there, 5 minutes back, shower, doesn't leave a ton of time to work out), but it works for me. If anything it is an excuse to leave the office for an hour. It is harder for me to make an excuse NOT to work out if it involves leaving the office. :)

I'll try to eat something light about an hour before I work out so I have energy before a circuit training session. If I'm going to do cardioI might actually eat a small lunch an hour before (300-ish calorie lunch) so I have adequate fuel to get through it.
  • Chrisplayer136
    Options
    Thanks Guys
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Always morning. Eat breakfast (granola and greek yogurt with berries, or oatmeal and flax) and then workout 30-45 mins later. Never had a problem.
  • hevhoyda
    hevhoyda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I almost always work out in the morning it makes me more conscious of what I eat during the day... I also don't eat until after I workout because I go to the gym first thing
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I work night shift...I workout as soon as I get home for about an hour. Three days a week in the evening I do strength training. On my days off, it varies!
  • InfinitePoss
    InfinitePoss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning.

I am not a "morning person" but I just find that if I don't get out of the way right after I wake up the odds of it happening tend to lessen. I also find that my day seems to go better after I have worked out.
  • Chrisplayer136
    Options
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Evening...after work. If I don't work it's usually never before noon. Takes me awhile to get moving on my days off. Lol
  • kinghavok
    kinghavok Posts: 104
    Options
    I go after work in the evening, that way i can burn out a whole days worth of frustration. I wait until afterwards to eat.