Jillian Michaels in 30 Day Shred

Options
I don't know if it's just the videos I'm watching, but has anyone noticed that Jillian Michaels lost a lot of weight in between Level 1 and Level 2? My mom pointed it out and she's right. Oh and does anyone think that Natalie slacks a lot?

Replies

• Squeeks70
    Squeeks70 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    LOL on Natalie. Jillian does get on her alot doesn't she. I noticed that she looked smaller when I was doing level II this evening. Not sure if it is her clothes (sweats vs. work out pants) or if she lost weight.
  • alohabrie
    alohabrie Posts: 204
    Options
    Didn't notice any weight loss on Jillian but yes! Natalie totally slacks - but then so do I when I'm doing it.
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i am still on lvl 1 so i can't comment on jillian. but as for natalie- YES! whenever she thinks the camera is not on her, she cheats. i think she looks like a drugged up robot on lvl one, always with the weird smile and glassy expression on her face...
  • jkt69
    jkt69 Posts: 11
    Options
    I have yet to get to level 2. Still working my way thru level 1.
  • raitch
    raitch Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    LOL! I definitely noticed Natalie slacking in level 1, can't wait to see how she does in 2. Can't wait to see how I do in level 2 either ;)
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Natalie is the only one that has to do the advanced moves all the way thru though..Anita is only doing the beginner version and Jillian stops to talk.
  • amberneth0206
    Options
    I know, her smile kind of scares me lol. I wonder why she doesn't wear a sports bra like the other girls do.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice the weight thing you're talking about in 30DS, but I think she looks smaller/WAY more cut in 6 Week 6 Pack.
  • stephanie_tom
    Options
    Has anyone had success doing this video long term? I just started it last week. I am going back and forth between Jillian's 30 Day Shred and Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism video to change up my exercise a little bit. Thanks!
  • tracy63janis
    Options
    A little off topic, but how do you like the 30 day Shred? I have it, but struggle with DVD workouts. Could it be because the couch is so close and is calling me home???? :yawn:
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I agree natalie slacks and I remember at one point during lunges and bicep curls when she thinks the camera is off her she just stops lunging and continues the bicep curls alone I'm like wtf.

As far as how the video is I liked it as a beginning work out to build up my endurance since I had never really worked out before and plan on doing a little of it here and there but I prefer heavier weights when working out now.
  • amberneth0206
    Options
    A little off topic, but how do you like the 30 day Shred? I have it, but struggle with DVD workouts. Could it be because the couch is so close and is calling me home???? :yawn:

It is hard. I have a bulging disc in my back, so it makes it kind of difficult. I am also pretty over weight. One thing that Jillian says in Level 2 that keeps me motivated is think about those skinny jeans or think about that swimming suit. Just keep yourself motivated! At first I felt like I was going to die but now it's gotten a lot easier. (:
  • Anola13
    Anola13 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's hard, but I think doing it at home by yourself makes it harder. For me, I need to motivate myself even more when I'm alone. But, I do love the workout. When I tried level 2 it was shameful :)
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Check out Kickbox FastFix. Natalie and Anita are both in it and not slacking at all. It's kind of gratifying to see them soaked and dripping at the end of a workout.
    As far as her outfit, I think Natalie is wearing a sports bra, under her tank top. She's generally more covered up.
    I did 30DS, RI30 and 6W6P all in a row last summer/fall. I fell off the wagon, or more accurately, my rollerblades, and broke my tailbone in October. The two months of pain that followed were not the best for working out.
    I'm back to doing all 3 this spring/summer and I've added Kickbox FastFix (my favorite) and I'll be adding another this weekend. I just mix up the DVDs and the levels so I'm doing 2-3 per workout. It turns out to be 50-75 minutes each time. I plan on stretching these out all summer. My plan is to get to within 5 pounds of my goal weight and then start toning more seriously.
    I do DVDs because they're right there and I don't have to do anything more than press play. I'll never have the motivation to go to a gym.
  • amberneth0206
    Options
    It's hard, but I think doing it at home by yourself makes it harder. For me, I need to motivate myself even more when I'm alone. But, I do love the workout. When I tried level 2 it was shameful :)

I am doing the work out with my mom, which makes it a lot easier. I couldn't imagine doing it by myself. I'd probably slack A LOT lol. My mom and I watched Level 2 just to see what to expect and omgggg, I am soooo nervous! There is wayy too much jumping.