What's your starting weight & how quickly did u see results?

Options
I had given up for a while as I had no iPhone & wasn't strict enough to keep updating my diary online.

Having put on some weight I am now back (hopefully with a vengeance, although it has only been 3 days lol).

I weighed myself on my Wii fit on Monday night and weighed in at 190 lbs.

I have stuck to my daily allowance and managed to fit in some exercise yesterday and today. I have also been taking Acai berry supplements from Holland and Barratt. Stepped on my Wii fit again tonight and weigh 4lbs lighter.

I know that this is too quick to see proper results, so probably due to fluid retention but it's a slight confidence booster all the same.

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    For me...the first 13 pounds dropped off without any modification in diet or without exercise..that's cause the doctor figured out I have PCOS and hypothyroid..so with meds..it helped me jump start the weight loss..

After that..I diligently watched what I ate..and exercised..I didn't do anything crazy like workout 5 hrs a day..usually between 3-4 hrs a week.

The main difference was what I was eating...It got a lot easier once I started hearing compliments..that gave me the motivation to keep at it. After a while..the choices in food got easier. It took me from April 2011 till Thanksgiving 2011 to lose 40 pounds.

I have gained a few pounds back..but I am also lifting heavy weights. I have been a bit more slack on my eating choices..so have decided to eat clean for 1 month to get me back into eating right. I am one of those do something 100% no easing in to it.

It took me a year to go from a size 14 to a size 6
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I started at 215 pounds. I lost 3 pounds the first week and about 2 pounds a week for 5 weeks after that. My weight loss has slowed and fluctuated a lot more since then, of course.
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I started January 1st...weight 163 lbs. Started eating vegetarian, then regularly exercising in May. Current weight 140 lbs. I am 5'6". It has been slow but steady. My goal weight is 130lbs. but thinking I really don't want to lose much more...boobies are disappearing :frown:
  • joeynigro1
    joeynigro1 Posts: 28
    Options
    April 14 I started at 222 lbs. today I am 189.2 lbs.

Best of luck!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Started beginning of April at 200 (probably more) and I'm down 27lbs!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off watching what I eat but I started this Monday back with a vengeance. My weight Monday morning was 224 (hiding my face in shame) but my first goal is 200 and my final goal is 150.
  • jkt69
    jkt69 Posts: 11
    Options
    I lost 20lbs in just under 3 months by just changing my diet. I cut my portion sizes, quit the late night snacking and started drinking more water and little or no juice. I have recently put about 5lbs back on so I am getting serious about exercising now and have dropped 3 lbs in two weeks.
  • 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Started at 475 and stopped weekly weigh-ins after six months and a 92 lbs loss.

Now I weigh in every month on the 2nd, give or take a day, but I track measurements weekly and try on clothes in smaller sizes every week too. I'm confident that I am losing weight at a good clip so I have put the scale away.
  • InfinitePoss
    InfinitePoss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started at 260 on March 22nd and I am down to 236. I lost the first twenty pounds in a little over two months but in addition to counting my calories with MFP I have been exercising religiously as well.
  • fergyxx
    fergyxx Posts: 16
    Options
    I know everyone will be different but what's your daily calorie goal?

Mine seems to be recommended at 1430 which is fine.

I am trying to fit in some exercise each day as well- even if it is just a 5 min walk here & there.

Do you exercise so you can eat more?

Also, due to a busy lifestyle, it is not always easy for me to fit in exercise every day. Will I still be successful if stay within my recommended calories?
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was around 175lbs, I got down to 123, I lost it all within 9 months of pure dedication and strict strict eating. Since September I have maintained my weight, of-course fluctuating 2-3lbs but always around 125ish mark. I am now eating pretty freely, not as strict with calories, I eat whatever I want but always in moderation. FOr 9months I didn't eat cakes, cookies, fast food, nothing high in calories. Now I give in to everything every now and then, but it doesn't do me no harm :)

p.s. don't mind my ticker, I reset my goals since I am pregnant now and trying to stay under 40lb gain :))
  • ClaringtonLady43
    ClaringtonLady43 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    great job, it;'s nice to see someone not relying just on the scale.. :)
  • kimberleedawn2012
    kimberleedawn2012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started at 240 and have consistently dropped 2 pounds a week on average. It was a nice progress for me every week things would look better. Right now Im maintaining at 188 because I had my final fitting on my wedding dress. In two weeks I plan on going right back to losing two a week :)
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I started at 233. Really started seeing a difference around 200.
  • fergyxx
    fergyxx Posts: 16
    Options
    I started at 240 and have consistently dropped 2 pounds a week on average. It was a nice progress for me every week things would look better. Right now Im maintaining at 188 because I had my final fitting on my wedding dress. In two weeks I plan on going right back to losing two a week :)

Well done on your progress so far & all the best for your big day! I'm sure you'll look fab!
  • shanea98
    shanea98 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    started at 180# in Jan 2012 ( I am 5'7). Lost 17# from Jan to first mid March-- Stayed the same weight every since. Did it with diet, zumba and elipitical. Now running-- able to run about 4-5 miles with no problem with average pace around 7min 30 sec per mile. NEVER ran in my life and I feel GREAT.:flowerforyou:
  • EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67
    Options
    I started at 230 and lost four pounds just by adding exercise. Then at 226 I joined MFP to start watching my diet as well... I'm at 207 now and I notice a huge difference. My clothes fit soooo differently and from exercising at least once a week I have strengths I have never had before! It's been about four months with a 23lb loss, and I'm happy with the rate it's going. I used to get really impatient every time I dieted and that made me fail, but this time I'm taking my time and it's going really well.
  • Szysler
    Szysler Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Started on 25th May 2012 - start weight 234, I lost 5lb in the first and second week, in the third week I lost 2lbs and it's my weigh in day tomorrow but think i've lost another 2 or 3lb. Didn't think it would come off so fast I started off at 1250 calories but that was reduced last week to 1200 calories.
  • somedaysoon84
    Options
    i weighed 211 in Jan 2012. March 1st i started watching my calories on my own, and bought and elliptical. i lost 20 pounds in the first 2 months. I was only eating 1200, and not eating back workout calories. i found MFP and started eating back calories, so i'm now losing about 1.5 pounds a week now, but i feel much better.

i didn't see a big change with the first 20 pounds. but with the next 10 pounds i have seen a HUGE difference in the way everything fits. i have also upped my workout times, and levels, so im sure that accounts for the better fit (or lack there of) and also my slightly slower, more helathy weight loss.

i'm at 180 right now. i'd love to get down to 150. i have no urge to be super tiny. just want everything to fit better, and most important, to be healthy!
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I started Feb 21 at 245 (ugghh can't believe I even have to say that) I'm now only about 2lbs from being under 200 and I lost about 3 lbs my 1st week,but of course the more weight you have to lose the faster it comes off in the beginning,I'm still losing about 2 lbs a week but I know it will eventually slow down,u just have to remember it's not how fast you get there it's the things you learn on the journey and good luck to you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!