washing heart rate monitor strap

Options
My HRM strap is getting pretty gross. How do I clean it?

Thanks

Replies

• shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, if Ceelovejay sees this you're going to get the lecture I got! You're supposed to throw them in your washing machine every five days. You're also supposed to read the directions when you get it but I didn't do that either! lol
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    oh boy! I suppose I could go looking for the directions:) But, thanks for the information
  • terpsk
    terpsk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hand wash pretty much after every use. I have a polar strap and HRM.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    doesn't it say to put it in a back and launder it? I stuff mine in a sock...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Wash it in the kitchen sink with some dish soap.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I rinse mine after every use, then toss it in the washer (in a lingerie bag with my socks) when I wash my workout gear every 4-5 days. Just make sure to take it out before everything goes into the dryer..... :smile:
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Some people use one of those lingerie bags to wash it in the machine. I tend to just give it a good wash in the shower when I jump in there. Haven't been brave enough to put it through the machine.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I just wash it in the sink once or twice a week.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Hand wash it in the sink after my workout.
    Mine says not to put it in the machine.
  • latinahada
    latinahada Posts: 168
    Options
    Mine said to rinse after every use and then hand wash with mild soap every 5 uses.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I put mine in a lingerie bag and wash with my clothes. Its perfectly fine (and is more consistent with my readings when I keep it clean sometimes when I let it go too long I get ridiculous readings)
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My polar said to machine wash and NO fabric softener. I toss it in my garment bag and toss in some things that don't really need fabric softener with them.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I rinse mine out each time, and use either a mild detergent or dish soap every other use.