When you are working out and feel like giving up.......

Options
What slogan do you tell yourself to help you finish !?

Replies

• onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Just imagine what you would look like if you did this 6 months >>> goes on MFP to look at before and after pics hehe
  • fffbobb
    fffbobb Posts: 2
    Options
    I often say "I am STRONG and I am THANKFUL." (I'm thankful to have a body that an actually DO the workout, when I have so many friends who have back, knee and other health problems.)
  • mel5989
    mel5989 Posts: 80
    Options
    I tell myself.....the more I do the quicker I will be thin!!! And then picture myself in some skinny clothes..lol
  • Healthy_Melva
    Healthy_Melva Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I tell myself that God deserve a healthy temple.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I tell myself to suck it up since my workout is such a small part of my day.
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    Just last night in Spin class, we were in the middle of a tough interval and I was chanting to myself "melt that fat, melt that fat"!!!!
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I am a badass!
  • thluki
    thluki Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Was loosing motivation. Just caught my boyfriend of 9 years cheating. Made me feel like the ugliest girl on this plant. However it had gave me motivation to carry on.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I tell myself to suck it up since my workout is such a small part of my day.

This. It doesn't happen often, thankfully. I tell myself do it anyways or I 10 minute myself until I'm done... I'll just do 10 minutes then I can stop, when I get that done I tell myself I can do it for 10 more minutes, etc, until I get all my cardio in. On days I lift I just take it set by set, after my first set then I tell myself I can't quit until the 3rd set is done. After the 3rd set, I may as well do all 5.
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I tell myself to 'shut the **** up and just go' ... being harsh to myself works for some reason lol .. also I repeat this quote: "The mind will give up 1000 times before the body will ... your not dying . keep going". <-- Pinterest works for something =)
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    "You know you want those abs so GET IT!"
  • Manderator
    Manderator Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have two things that help a LOT... first is a picture of my backside from when I started this whole journey taped over the display on my eliptical. The other is my kids always sing that Sexy and I know it song when I say I'm going to work out lol.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I often go for walks and am trying some bike riding. the good thing there is when I get the urge to give up I still have to get back where I started. So I think to myself get you *kitten* in gear cause you can't sleep on the street!
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    "Just 5 more minutes" ..."you can do another 5 min"
  • bleu528
    bleu528 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just 5 more minutes" ..."you can do another 5 min"

Nice...will do this.
    Also, "I'm sexy and I know it" lol but really... I work out! with LMFAO
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Just keep swimmin'

Plus I take it in 5 minute increments but still do the entire thing.
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    "Just 5 more minutes" ..."you can do another 5 min"

Yep, I use this one. Or if swimming it changes to "Just one more lap..."
  • krazykristen123
    krazykristen123 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When you feel like giving up, Remember why you started (:
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    When I feel like given up, or cutting my workout short...I think about a sexy string bikini that I will ROCK one day- AT 40!
  • jenniferrebekahsands
    Options
    Just imagine what you would look like if you did this 6 months >>> goes on MFP to look at before and after pics hehe

I do this! I think about what I will look like eventually if I keep going. The before and after pics on MFP are my inspiration!!!