Cooking and Food Prep - track it or no?

Options
I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on logging things like cooking and food prep. I don't like to log it unless I'm really craving a snack. Usually I just leave them off as 'bonus', hopefully to compensate for any overages in calculations but if the craving is strong enough I add them just to see if there's enough there to cover what I crave. What do you all think?

Replies

• Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You mean logging it as exercise? I would say no, unless you are cooking for 100 people or more.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    You mean logging it as exercise? I would say no, unless you are cooking for 100 people or more.

While jogging in place and using 25lb knives and 50lb frying pans.
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log it.

Just think about it this way would you rather underestimate of overestimate the calories you burn? I would rather underestimate so I know I don't go over.
  • aimeem2
    aimeem2 Posts: 35
    Options
    I wouldn't log it. I only log workouts (at home or the gym) and any long walks. I consider everyday tasks part of my normal calorie burn (i.e. I'd never log chores). But that's just me!
  • met42485
    met42485 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I only log workouts/walks and honestly I'm bad about doing that because I am more likely to over indulge when I see how many extra I've burned. Any calories burned from day to day activities are just bonus :happy:
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    I don't log anything unless it's actual exercise (walking the dog, zumba, weights, etc.) everything else is already accounted for when it calculates how many calories you get!
  • Bsnell10
    Bsnell10 Posts: 40
    Options
    i log my prep cook calories simply because that is what i do for a living...i am a pastry chef..I wore my heart rate monitor to work on sat and in 447 mins or 7 1/2 hours roughly i burned 4197!!! That is 9.4 calories a min i was burning while at work!! i have used the calorie counter for food prep and it doesn't come close to this!!!