clean eating

Options
What does this mean?? I think I know but just want to make sure. I have been doing this for about a month and am at a standstill. thinking maybe i am not eating healthy enough, maybe too many carbs??? I am 56, 5ft 3 inches and about 166 lbs. HELP??

Replies

• machinez
    machinez Posts: 25
    Options
    Clean eating means you have to clean your food before eating it. Glad I could help!
  • fuzzyhatquilter
    Options
    Eating clean is not eating processed foods.. Mostly fruits & Veggies whole grains and lean meats.. there are some good resorses out there.. I found this site awhile back when I decided to eat clean hope it helpes you:

http://mmorris.webs.com/eatclean.htm

~Laura
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    You can get about 5,000 different answers for what clean eating is. For me, it means eating food that is minimally processed. Not to say I don't indulge once in a while. Not sure of what you are eating or what you consider healthy foods. It may be how much or how little you are eating, or what your activity level is.
  • sqwerly
    sqwerly Posts: 31
    Options
    Right now I am reading The Eat Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno.
    It's about staying away from processed foods and planning healthier meals
  • anewme1202
    anewme1202 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Clean Eating for me is nothing processed and eating foods (fruits, veggies, whole grains, lean meats and organic) as close to it's natural state as possible.
    I just started eating clean, so I'm not 100% .. YET .. but I'll get there!! I'm about 85/15 right now.
    I looked at Tosca's book and her website as well and also looked online at www.thegraciouspantry.com both offer great tips on getting started and giving you a grocery list and they have amazing recipes. I also started getting the Clean Eating magazine.

the best part of revamping my diet is how I feel throughout the day... amazing and not so sluggish after all the junk I was realizing I was putting into my body.

good luck and if you want to add me as a friend, go ahead.
  • sherryjohnson2012
    sherryjohnson2012 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    so funny that all these "clean eaters" have their food diaries closed!
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Clean eating means you have to clean your food before eating it. Glad I could help!

:flowerforyou: :laugh:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    If man makes it, DON'T EAT IT!
    Stick with lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts and whole grains along with fresh fruits and veggies.
    Clean eating!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    someone is a little tipsy?

• LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    :ohwell: :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    Options
    :wink: :wink: :wink:

• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    :wink: :wink: :wink:

filessharenatorcom_YG6vv_GIF_Collection_of_someone_eating_popcorn-s320x240-181195.gif
    eventualy one of them will notice
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Eating clean means eating healthy. Basically anything that is good for your body, like lean meats, veggies, good carbs and no soda, sugary foods and everything else that tastes good.
  • rextcat
    Options

wach out i tried her cook book once, and she makes food(at least in her 2nd clean eating book) WAY to OILY and SALTY. that and she dosent know that you NEVER LET PORK GET TO ROOM TEMP BEFORE PREPING IT, and her times where all way off on how long to cook some meats, veggie dishes where ok, but alot of the ingredents where expencive, and hard to find+ you only used a little in 1 or 2 recipys....

sorrie rant over
  • lindasueloma
    Options
    Thank you all..yes, it helps!!:smile: Good info.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am around 80% clean. With some exceptions. Occasionally I have starbucks or similar, but I generally go to local cafes that use local/seasonal ingredients. I have been eating this way for around 7-10 years. Gradually getting cleaner and more local as the years go. For me it wasn't about health, it was about boosting my local economy and helping the environment. And I will fully admit, it had no impact on my weight. I gained during my eating clean period, and the past 5 years have been the cleanest I have ever eaten.

I stick to minimally processed, with ingredients I can recognize. I make a handful of exceptions (i.e Almond milk). I also like to eat local as much as possible, and seasonal as much as possible. For me local also includes locally roasted coffee, locally grown produce, meats, dairy, and even some local condiments. (I make exceptions for greek yogurt. No local source yet or the cost is ridiculous) I know I am very lucky, in California, almost any food grows within a 90 mile radius, so I don't really have to give anything up. I have cut down on bananas though. They are really ungreen, due to the miles travelled.

Try to cut out processed foods, stick to whole foods, and watch out for the worst offenders from artificial foods: dyes, preservatives and trans fat.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

wach out i tried her cook book once, and she makes food(at least in her 2nd clean eating book) WAY to OILY and SALTY. that and she dosent know that you NEVER LET PORK GET TO ROOM TEMP BEFORE PREPING IT, and her times where all way off on how long to cook some meats, veggie dishes where ok, but alot of the ingredents where expencive, and hard to find+ you only used a little in 1 or 2 recipys....

sorrie rant over

One tip: you can generally ignore the amounts of oil called for in a recipe (unless you are baking). I find it really doesn't matter. I don't use the cookbook to tell me about salt either, I salt to taste. Also pay close attention to see if kosher or table salt if used. Table salt is far saltier by volume than kosher.
  • rextcat
    Options

sorrie rant over

One tip: you can generally ignore the amounts of oil called for in a recipe (unless you are baking). I find it really doesn't matter. I don't use the cookbook to tell me about salt either, I salt to taste. Also pay close attention to see if kosher or table salt if used. Table salt is far saltier by volume than kosher.

she uses sea salt in it