5. don't take calorie targets/macros TOO SERIOUSLY
    6. eat nutrient rich foods 80% of the time
    7. avoid calorific drinks unless it's a protein shake or milk
    8. have treats within reason
    9. NEVER drop calories too low
  • Saragre
    Saragre Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If I eat it I write it. It's about being accountable and respecting myself warts and all.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Eat less. Move more. Log and Focus.
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    1) No Pops or sugary drinks. Regular pop, diet pop, "energy drinks", none of it.
    2) EAT BREAKFAST! Breakfast must be eaten within 30 minutes of waking up.
    3) Read labels and compare foods.
    4) Be honest with myself. There are days I make mistakes. I will accept responsibility and be honest about my food and drink intake.
    5) Keep my water intake high
    6) Portion control. Eat proper servings.
    7) Don't quit. I will not give up on myself.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Mine are similar to yours

Do not starve yourself even to hit a certain calorie total...if you are hungry, eat, but realize when to stop.
    Enjoy yourself when eating, taste and enjoy every bite. If you decide you don't like what you're eating, choose something that is going to be worth it. It's going to go to waste either way. (Something I have a tough time with)
    Eat whole foods....avoid processed foods as much as possible. However, this is real life and if you want to have a little, then that is fine.
    Eat fruits and vegetables as a large staple of your daily diet. Have very little bread, especially at dinner.
    Drink more water. Stop drinking soda, it does nothing but throw your natural appetite off, dehydrate you, and rot your teeth.
    Exercise doing something you enjoy (walking outside at least an hour listening to music). If you can't exercise, stay active doing SOMETHING.

These are my guidelines I've been following for almost two weeks and they have definitely paid off!
  • Ilovejacks
    Ilovejacks Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    These are my guidlines to the tee(except sometimes i don't meet my calorie goal)I also gave up all dairy except a WW Stringcheese every now and then.Thanks for posting,i think this could help others:flowerforyou:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    MY ONLY RULE: Enjoy the process - have fun!
    That's my biggest rule with health and fitness as well as everything, including career, relationships, parenting and money.
    The last thing I want is some lifestyle where I am white-knuckling my way to the grave.
    If it's not fun and enjoyable, count me OUT!
    That's why I don't go to a gym - too much like work. I'd rather climb a tree.
    That's why I don't jog - too boring, so I play tennis or swim across a lake.

I hate work :grumble:
    I love play - .:bigsmile:
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My rules are as follows:

If I can't kill it, grow it, milk it, or pluck it ....it does not enter my body... The end. lol...

No chemicals, no preservatives, no breads, pasta's, rices, or potatoes.....

No exceptions.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    My rules are as follows:

If I can't kill it, grow it, milk it, or pluck it ....it does not enter my body... The end. lol...

No exceptions.

I think I'd kill myself with these rules.
  • pinkpenguin91
    Options
    My rules are as follows:

No exceptions.

• MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I eat my calories, and alot of times I don't eat back all of my workout callories.
    I don't eat fried foods.
    No sauces, mayo, or dressings.
    I have a little mustard every now and then on a sandwhich.
    I do a morning workout, and an afternoon walk most days.
    I cheat if I have the calories.
    I have lost 24 pounds since April 6th. 14 with MFP, and have a long ways to go still.
    I am 35yrs old.
  • NYChick84
    Options
    My rules are as follows:

No exceptions.

Why? I'm very much satisfied at the end of the day. Look at my diary. You'll see that I eat...Just very simple foods in its original state. I just Stopped eating all the food in bags and boxes with chemicals. lol...I want to live a healthy life....these are MY rules...not yours. Eat whatever your heart desires! HENCE the reason the thread is called "What are YOUR rules for dieting?" Mine just happen to be a lifestyle change.
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Less carbs and NO white pasta/rice/bread/potatoes etc
    No processed foods
    No fruit juices
    A lot of vegetables
    A lot of protein
    Lots of water
    Work out every day in one way or another (but make sure to listen to your body and rest when needed)

And I agree with you, when on a diet and counting calories you will not go hungry if you eat the right food!
  • NYChick84
    Options
    No processed foods
    No fruit juices
    A lot of vegetables
    A lot of protein
    Lots of water
    Work out every day in one way or another (but make sure to listen to your body and rest when needed)

And I agree with you, when on a diet and counting calories you will not go hungry if you eat the right food!

AMEN!!! SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN!!!
  • mikek333
    mikek333 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Try to stay within calorie goal each day
    Try to eat whole foods, vegan mostly
    Try to alternate lifting and cardio every other day
    Try new foods regularly
    Drinking is ok as long as rule one is followed
    Breaking rules occasionally and with moderation is encouraged.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    My rules are as follows:

No exceptions.

Why? I'm very much satisfied at the end of the day. Look at my diary. You'll see that I eat...Just very simple foods in its original state. I just Stopped eating all the food in bags and boxes with chemicals. lol...I want to live a healthy life....these are MY rules...not yours. Eat whatever your heart desires! HENCE the reason the thread is called "What are YOUR rules for dieting?" Mine just happen to be a lifestyle change.

and i'm not criticizing YOU...my point is that I couldn't do it. I don't have the willpower or desire to I suppose. I'm not sure why you took my comment so personally.
  • cckellympls
    cckellympls Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    No processed foods
    No fruit juices
    A lot of vegetables
    A lot of protein
    Lots of water

• zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    1. Eat
    2. Work out.

Quite simple I must say.
  • NYChick84
    Options
    My rules are as follows:

No exceptions.

and i'm not criticizing YOU...my point is that I couldn't do it. I don't have the willpower or desire to I suppose. I'm not sure why you took my comment so personally.

It's all in the mindset sweetie. I know what my limits and temptations are.....I know how it also makes me feel from the inside out....and it's usually not pretty. I don't know how, but certain foods (mainly carbs) make me feel depressed. By eliminating them, I feel good.