Disneyland

Options
PurpleGyrl13
PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
Anyone here on MFP been to Disneyland and can recommend an inexpensive, but nice, hotel to stay at that is fairly close to the park? Trying to plan a first time trip there over the Columbus day weekend.

Replies

• lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Yes.

There is one right across the street. It's a best western. there are multiple but I believe its the Best Western Anaheim Inn. It was fantastic.

I've also stayed at the Howard Johnson in Fullerton (we rented a car). AWFUL EXPERIENCE. Don't do it. Pay the extra and stay close.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    "I was taking my little nephew to disneyland, but i decided to play a mean trick. i pulled up next to an old, burned down warehouse. "Oh no," i said. "Disneyland burned down." He started crying, and i was about to tell him it was all a joke and drive to the real disneyland, but it was getting kinda late."

- Jack Handey
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I should also mention we stayed once at Portofino which claims its "right across the street from disneyland"....it is...but it's a f***ing long way away from the entrance. And the internet didn't work...and the staff sucked.

Don't stay there.
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    We stayed at the Park Vue Inn the last time we went because we wanted to get a suite with two rooms, so mommy and daddy could have their own space. :D It was a great deal, they have safes in the room and the hotel is right across the street from the entrance. Free breakfast and dinners if you want them, the coffee was probably the worst I have ever had but other than that it was really good for the price.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    We're staying at the Holiday Inn Express across from the main gate. We booked from the hotel and it's not a good neighbor property. We're paying $112.00 a night. (Labor Day weekend/Half Marathon Weekend) I won't complain about the price. Ticket prices are HORRIBLE! Wish it was closer to the way WDW did things!
  • Osbournca
    Osbournca Posts: 5
    Options
    I have stayed at the Fairfield in by Marriott a few times and it was great each time I have stayed there. Also very close to the main gate and a short walk is all it takes!
  • dida_57
    dida_57 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    There's too many hotels to choose from, I always get my hotel through priceline and name my own price. You can filter the hotel based on location usually no more than 5 miles away from Disney, I just got back last week and stayed at Marriot along Harbor Blvd. (2 blocks away from Disneyland) and I only paid $80 a night.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    If you can afford it, stay at the Disneyland hotel! It is AMAZING! Probably the nicest hotel I'll ever get to spend a night in in my entire life. Staff is amazing :-)
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Best Western Park Place, and Park Vue inn are both RIGHT across from the entrance. Park Places rooms are a little larger, but Park Vue has available bunk beds in the rooms for kids which is pretty cool. Free bottled waters everyday from the front desk helps at Park Vue. Breakfast at Parks place is at Kiddie's next door and is the GROSSEST thing ever. Food is better at Park Vue. They are both about the same price. AAA rates are the cheapest.
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    There are multiple little motels like Econo lodge and such that you can stay at and walk to the park. DO NOT stay across the street from the gate. They will gouge you for money.
  • Charlene_91
    Charlene_91 Posts: 323
    Options
    I've been a couple of times and stayed at the Doubletree Resort Orlando at Seaworld. Seaworld is right at the back of the hotel and the hotel puts on free shuttles to the other parks. The hotel is really lovely and modern.
    Ive booked both my holidays through Florida4less.co.uk and got great deals both times.

Its a wonderful experience, im sure you will enjoy x
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    There are about a billion hotels in the area, many have cheap cheap cheap rates. It's really no different from any other place, they just have a lot more top-end stuff available. Just stay away from the big names (Westin, Marriot, Hilton, etc) and resorts and you'll do fine. Holiday inns are usually nice and cheap!