INSANITY Progress (Before/After)

Options
ems1583
ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
3 days ago, I finished the first workout dvd that I really followed, never skipped a day for the whole 63 days (just switched scheduled class 3x coz I was not feeling well on those days). At first I have no idea what Insanity's about, I just saw a post here in MFP showing her before & after pics upon completing Insanity. I was amazed and said to myself that I'll do that workout. I'm a little impatient that's why I chose it coz its only 2 mos but have no idea how extreme/intense it is. On the first month, I had my cal set to 1400 and on the second month increased it to 1700. It has been a very challenging journey, I work a physically demanding, full-time job 5x/week so I really have to motivate myself to workout at night after work. There were times in the middle of the program that I just want to stop and quit. So I kept pushing through, digging deeper and tried to finish every workout each day.

On my Weight Gain:

From childhood to college I have been skinny. I just started gaining weight during my college internshipc and when I started working. Before I left my country (Dec 2010), my weight is still at the "acceptable" range, I don't think I can be considered chubby at all, not sure though. I have no idea of my weight coz I wasn't bothered by it that time (around 130-140 lbs I think). Arrived here end of 2010, and the whole 2011, that was my weight gain, whole year round! I had fast food all the time, lazy to cook, bought processed food, chocolates everywhere, buffet, and so on. Middle of January this year, I went to the doctor's office for a PE and was surprised on my weight, 158 lbs! (I have no idea on my weight the whole 2011, no scale, didn't bother at all) I was aware that I was gaining weight coz of tight clothing (thankful for winter clothes to hide my fats) and on my pictures but I kept on procrastinating on trying to loss weight.

My 2011 Weight Gain

beforecollage.jpg

(just now I realized I got the wrong months lol, July & Aug, sorry bout that)

On my Weight Loss:

I joing MFP 03/22/12, started at 153 lbs. 2 mos before that, I startedTurbofire but just randomly, just chose which workout I want to do 2-3x/week. Then I decided to check the MFP website and my weight loss journey has never been the same! :) I learned a lot about calorie counting, eating healthy, workout dvds, gained friends :) and lead me to Insanity :)

I wrote a lot already lol time for the pics :)

collagefinale2.jpg

2819.jpg

AFTER PICS (same dress, took some today and some last week)

aftercollage.jpg

WEIGHT: Started of Insanity - 147 lbs
FInal weight - 138.6 lbs (Total Loss: 8.4 lbs)

MEASUREMENTS: (starting to final)

Neck: 13.5 --> 13 in
Waist: 34 --> 31 in
Upper Waist: 30 --> 27.7 in
Hips: 39 --> 36.5 in
Right Arm: 12 --> 11.5 in
Left Arm: 13 --> 12 in
Right Thigh: 22.7 --> 21 in
Left Thigh: 22 --> 21
Right Calf: 15.2 --> 14.2 in
Left Calf: 15 --> 14 in

Total Loss: 14.1 inches :)

My stubborn fats are in my thighs and calves, but had good results on my belly, back and arms.

So for those who are aspiring to try Insanity just go for it! I didn't have any serious form of workout, I'm not even what you can call a "fit" person before I started it,...not an active person, no sports, mostly sedentary when at home or during my rest day. I just challenged myself, set my goals and motivated myself to finish what I have started. One of my goals that I think helped me finish it was that I told myself that I am never gonna skip a day of workout no matter what. And as per Shaun T, you just need to focus and dig deeper! :D

Btw, I'm still a work in progress, I'm at 138.6 lbs now and my ultimate goal is 120 lbs. Currently, doing Chalean Extreme-Insanity Hybrid, just started last Monday. I don't want to give up Insanity yet that's why I'm keeping it for awhile.

My GOAL WEIGHT - Taken waay back 2008, I have no idea on the weight but maybe 118-120 lbs, but of course this time a toned 120 lb body :)

goalw.jpg

goalw2.jpg

Replies

• Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    put the in lower case and it should work
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Great job! :)
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    you look great! congrats on doing Insanity, i'm still scared to do it haha,
  • blackmagic10
    blackmagic10 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    yeah it is amazing I did p90x first because i'm in the army reserves and had put on a lot of weight say 251 lbs :( but after doing that I lost 42 lbs and felt get and wanted more so i did insanity and loved it but hated it lol but you should look up insanity hybrid
  • candiliza
    candiliza Posts: 77
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Congrats! Maybe once I get down a lil smaller ill try insanity! It looks....insane!!! lol
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    Good job!!! You look great! :)
  • herky
    herky Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    good job you look great!!! I have a similar body build to you and I'm halfway thru my first week of Insanity... it's been tough but I LOVE it and I'm already feeling stronger in my abs, arms, and legs. I'm excited to see my final results! congratulations!!
  • popat89
    popat89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! You've done GREAT! We have pretty similar goals - get into the low 120s, I'm also doing insanity, and I eat 1700 cals a day :) You look great!!!
  • veronicacannon
    veronicacannon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You look great ems awesome job!! :) proud to be your friend!
  • paulaSo8
    paulaSo8 Posts: 34
    Options
    wow ems =) that is an amazing progress =) your my idol =) when i finish ripped and i feel stronger i will do insanity =) keep up the excellent job
  • bewitchinglife
    bewitchinglife Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Way to go!
  • JeremyM1977
    Options
    I love Insanity, and Shaun T whoops my *kitten*.
    I even credit Insanity with kicking the cigarette habit, primarily because I only had the lung capacity to either do Insanity or smoke.......not both.

Insanity worked me so hard from a lungs/cardio angle, that I couldn't even gather the air necessary to inhale on a cigarette.
    Since losing weight, reducing my cholesterol, and lowering my blood pressure seemed more important than the occasional drag, it was easy to decide what had to go.
  • ems1583
    ems1583 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!! With all your kind and encouraging words, I think I need to get my CLX workout done before 12 mn lol (I haven't made a pact with Chalean yet) that's why got lazy bones lol
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    awesome sis! very nice achievements. congratulations yay!:)
  • radiantlybelle
    Options
    Awesome job! Truly inspiring :)
  • Steph13RN
    Steph13RN Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Gives me some motivation to just do it!! CONGRATS! You look great!
  • sjflowers
    sjflowers Posts: 148
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! That is amazing results! you look So good..
  • somervilleshar
    somervilleshar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job. You do become more focused when you start to see results. It seems to make you want to work even harder. I also found that when you make that committment to work out daily you feel great as well. I am 5'3" and also have a goal around the 120 mark. You are a great inspiration! Keep up the good work!
  • jk2550
    jk2550 Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow- that's amazing. Great job!! You look absolutely fantastic.
  • msuarez84
    msuarez84 Posts: 4
    Options
    im on day 4 of insanity! youre an inspiration, thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!