What are YOUR rules for dieting?

Options

Replies

• Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    1. No fast food (Chik Fil A nuggets don't count for me lol)
    2. Work out 5-6x per week depending on when my body needs to have a rest day
    3. Minimum of 50-100 crunches per day
    4. 8+ cups of water per day
    5. WATCH SODIUM!!!

I'm not perfect though...
  • vonallena
    vonallena Posts: 34
    Options
    1. Eat within the 1st hour of waking up.
    2. Have at least 6-8 glasses of water a day.
    3. Only eat red meat once a week.
    4. Over 1200 calories.
    5. Under 1700 calories.
    6. Have a spike day once a week (Eat more than 1700 calories/have red meat/drink a beer/etc.)
    7. No soda, chips, fried food, etc.
    8. Hit your protein target.
    9. Treat myself to something sweet every now and then.
    10. Constantly remind myself why I'm doing all of this.
    11. Rinse and Repeat.
  • wer4unc
    wer4unc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love it! Im there with ya!!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    My biggest rule is NO premade...or processed foods!! It pretty much takes care of most problems.
    To much fat in foods, to much sugar in foods, & to much sodium...and ingredients you can't pronounce!! The food I eat have lots of flavor...it's not hidden with soium & junk.

I eat protein with in 30 mins of getting up.

I eat alot of food in a day...I can eat alot for 1200 because nothing is premade. You calories go along way because everything is
    fresh & lean. You buy pre-made or processed and your calories are done by lunch!!

When I'm trying to lose weight, I watch my portion sizes. I eat 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks.
    I drink nothing but water all day!
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My biggest rule is NO premade...or processed foods!! It pretty much takes care of most problems.
    To much fat in foods, to much sugar in foods, & to much sodium...and ingredients you can't pronounce!! The food I eat have lots of flavor...it's not hidden with soium & junk.

I eat protein with in 30 mins of getting up.

I eat alot of food in a day...I can eat alot for 1200 because nothing is premade. You calories go along way because everything is
    fresh & lean. You buy pre-made or processed and your calories are done by lunch!!

When I'm trying to lose weight, I watch my portion sizes. I eat 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks.
    I drink nothing but water all day!

I really agree with this, when you eat right 1200 (or whatever your goal is) calories can be a real lot of food and keep you satisfied all day! If I ate more bad carbs I could never stay at the low caloric intake i have, I would be starving!
  • khaapala
    khaapala Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have never been able to eat in moderation, so diet "rules" have never worked for me. From the time I was very little, food was associated with pleasure, family time, rewards, socializing, and emotional pain relief. Grandma was a wonderful cook, used lots of butter, and was literally my "cookie" person. After more than 50 years of trying every kind of diet under the sun and always regaining more than I lost, I finally experienced my epiphany. I have had to totally rethink the whole concept of food and eating and substitute other activities for pleasure, family time, rewards, socializing, and pain relief. This has not been an easy journey because it has required a lifestyle change, much like that undertaken by the alcoholic who strives for abstinence. I canNOT eat just one chocolate chip cookie, one potato chip, one dorita, etc. So I quit trying. For a treat, an occasional dish of frozen yoghurt or a sugar free ice cream sandwich just before bed (that way, if a craving sets in, I'm sleeping!) seem to deter any misguided feelings of deprivation.

So... 22# gone so far, with another 30 to go... it's slow but steady, and best of all that frustrating obsession about food is gradually disappearing. I love the support of these groups and all the ideas and I'm happy to be thinking less about eating, and thinking more like a person who eats to live instead of living to eat. Ah well, it's still one day at a time. :wink:
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Stay within my calories.
    If I go over, big whoop. Just as long as I don't do it every day.
    Less crap, more good stuff but I'm not on a 100% whole food, no-processed at all diet.
    Save calories for treats and stuff I love in moderation.
    Every bite that goes into my mouth, I log, even if it puts me over.
    Limit caffeine.
  • skinnyjuu
    skinnyjuu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    - stay motivated, don't let one binge day kill all your effort
    - stay away from fried food, chips, candies, chocolate is ok but only dark chocolate
    - if you really crave cookies or muffins or any sweets, bake it yourself and substitute the ingredients for healthier options (less sugar, whole wheat, apple sauce to replace butter)
    - do not keep junk food in your house, big nono for people who like to snack at night like me
    - eat and be full before you step foot into a grocery store, never go shopping when you're hungry.. trust me on that. and keep a shopping list of what you need
    - know and feel the difference between appetite and hunger
    - don't waste your calories on drinks! I used to alwaysssss drink bubble tea (at least once a week). Now I haven't had it for two months and I'm pretty proud of myself
    - drink lots and lots of water
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    there are no rulze to my diet, mearly guidlines:happy:
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Well my rules started simple:
    1) stop using elevators
    2) eat an apple every day
    3) drink more water (I drank soft drinks maybe twice a year so I didn't have them to cut out :()
    4) nothing is off limits. Everything in moderation is key to keep myself from feeling deprived and making this something sustainable.
  • wer4unc
    wer4unc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love it! Im there with ya!!
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    At least one sweet a day so i don't gorge, drink plenty of water, get plenty of fruit and eat three meals a day at least.
  • xalexxandrax
    xalexxandrax Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    No meat at least 1x a week.
    Eat most calories before 3pm
    Only water after breakfast
    avocado, nuts & cactus
    at least 3 cups of tea a day.. nasty at first, get used to it no sugar
    spicyyy spicyy spicyyy food!
    Pace while talking
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your food! Don't eat stuff you don't plan on eating (and enjoying) for the rest of your life -- this IS the rest of your life! Be creative, be real, be healthy.
  • popat89
    popat89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have been at this for about 10 weeks now and gone from 1200 cals to 1700 cals and am finally at a point where I feel confident I can maintain what I'm doing forever. Here are my rules:

1. Eat 2 servings of whole fruit and 3 servings of whole veggies (minimum) per day
    2. Make my protein goal using natural sources (i'm vegetarian so legumes, yogurt, milk, cheese)
    3. Keep sodium in check (working on this still)
    4. Eat my full 1700 calories a day and create my deficit through exercise.
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Being accountable and not stress eating.
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    Less carbs and NO white pasta/rice/bread/potatoes etc
    No processed foods
    No fruit juices
    A lot of vegetables
    A lot of protein
    Lots of water
    Work out every day in one way or another (but make sure to listen to your body and rest when needed)

And I agree with you, when on a diet and counting calories you will not go hungry if you eat the right food!

AMEN!!! SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN!!!

So somebody that doesn't do what you do doesn't have a brain? Seems inconsistent with:
    ".these are MY rules...not yours. Eat whatever your heart desires! HENCE the reason the thread is called "What are YOUR rules for dieting?" Mine just happen to be a lifestyle change."
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    Bump!
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    My rules are as follows:

If I can't kill it, grow it, milk it, or pluck it ....it does not enter my body... The end. lol...

No chemicals, no preservatives, no breads, pasta's, rices, or potatoes.....

No exceptions.
    Love this :) I don't non-seafood-eat meat but definitely looking forward to deer jerky in the fall!
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Keep carbs under 100g
    Eat lots of yummy fat
    Have cheat days (or whatever you wanna call them) on Sundays