new to calgary, eating away loneliness

Options
Hi my name is Tara. I am new to calgary and dont know anyone out here. I have recently gained about 70 unwanted pounds and would like to meet some new friends men or women that want to get outside and walk etc..
I have been sitting on a couch for the last 2 years so my exercise level is minimal.

Replies

• taravilla
    taravilla Posts: 2
    Options
    IVE NEVER USED A MESSAGE BOARD BEFORE AND AM TOTALLY LOST WHEN I ACCEPT A FRIEND HOW TO TALK TO THEM
    I USUALLY TALK THRU MY EMAIL AT FIRST
    tara_villa@yahoo.ca
  • SadiesMommy0517
    SadiesMommy0517 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    im in calgary too!! I have a 13 month old daughter and we love to go for walks :) messge me!
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I am also in Calgary, feel free to message or add me anytime :)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Best steaks in the world.....:drinker:
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'd totally to agree for a meet and greet if I lived in Calgary; I'm in Edmonton.
  • dyn3428
    dyn3428 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Tara, If where you live is safe, then get out and walk on your own if you have to!!! Get some pepper spray or a big dog, just start with a few steps!!! I am Dayna..I live in South Carolina or else I would join you!!! LOL!!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am also in Calgary... feel free to msg me too :)
  • meluc
    meluc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also live in Calgary, feel free to add me as well :) I also love walking!
    Melissa
  • AriesOx
    AriesOx Posts: 66
    Options
    Calgary here. I've found it hard to meet people too. Add me if you like :)
  • 2legit_2quit
    2legit_2quit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I live in Calgary :) I could go for a jogging buddy, or you could come along with me and my dog to the park!
  • LessJos
    LessJos Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I live close to Calgary. Why don't we start a group on the board? I am sure there is a lot we can do together and get moving!
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yay Calgary!!! I'll be in Mexico next week but I would LOVE to find some walk buddies <3 Add me if you're interested!!
  • blondiEyyc
    blondiEyyc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Depends on the area of the city!