THIS IS NOT A DIET, ITS MY NEW LIFE

Options
so tired of people saying im on a diet, no im not!, this is my new life, im not going to do all this change and get my body the way i want it, just to get on a scale and see a certain # on it and say "okay burgerking tommorow im dun" this is not how it works, i want to be healthy forever, i want to keep my weight off forever. im not doing this to fit into a dress, or to go to some class reuinion. im doing this cuz i wunna look and feel great forever. TELL UR FRIENDS AND FAMILY YOU ARE NOT ON A DIET UR ON A JOURNEY!

Replies

• chameleon77
    chameleon77 Posts: 124
    Options
    I really like what you posted. Thank you for sharing! And I completely agree. I am in this for the long haul as well. :)
  • 67Maureen
    67Maureen Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So true!!!!!! Couldn't have said it better myself
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    so tired of people saying im on a diet, no im not!, this is my new life, im not going to do all this change and get my body the way i want it, just to get on a scale and see a certain # on it and say "okay burgerking tommorow im dun" this is not how it works, i want to be healthy forever, i want to keep my weight off forever. im not doing this to fit into a dress, or to go to some class reuinion. im doing this cuz i wunna look and feel great forever. TELL UR FRIENDS AND FAMILY YOU ARE NOT ON A DIET UR ON A JOURNEY!

Exactly!!!
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i feel the same way...its not a diet for me either. if i want a treat, i have a treat. this is something i can maintain and will because i have decided to no matter what they say.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Amen sista'! Preach!!
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Nice! I tell people Im on a new Menu Plan. =-)
  • 1LRoy
    1LRoy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    In the last 6 months I've had 3 family members die young, very unexpectedly, and none through accidents or violence (the youngest was only 18), and one friend who just had a brain aneurysm this last week.

YOU CANNOT WAIT TO START TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF!

Life is so short, and you want to be healthy and vital for as long as possible. Cherish your body and good health, believe that you and the people who love you are worth it, and care for it like it's the most prized possession you have... because it is! Everyone's #1 goal on this site should be the same thing: to be as healthy as possible.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Very true!! Love your thinking....it's definitely a lifestyle change not a diet! I hate to think that I will have to log my food forever but if I don't want to put the weight back on it's best to stay mindful of what I'm eating and how many calories are in them.
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. Also, everyone's on a diet.. we've just decided ours is healthier and more productive than most. :)
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That's exactly how I feel. There is no dieting going on here.... My whole life is changing!
  • mtgordon1908
    mtgordon1908 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • anna5
    anna5 Posts: 24
    Options
    me too!!
  • nene01pop
    nene01pop Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sure wish there was a like or love it button... nice statement!
  • ByeByeBigGurl
    Options
    Well said!! :smile:
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way...It's to easy to fall back in to old habits...That is why I had the extra weight. I'm much happier now, and I don't ever want to go back!

Good for you!!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    You just took the words right out of my life, and probably out of thousands of other mouths.
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more.
  • CowgirlKimi
    CowgirlKimi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    EXACTLY! I feel the same way!!!! I plan on food journaling probably for at LEAST the next 5 years. For me personally, I realize healthier eating HAS to be a way of life, not a fad or a trend to look better, but a way of living, thinking and being.

Thanks for sharing what so many of us have been thinking!

God Bless!
    Kimi
    23329547.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SEishen
    SEishen Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I now eat to live, not live to eat!
  • prettyblack69
    Options
    thanks guys for your responses! it was just on my mind and i had to get that off my chest!!!