Stretch marks

Options
I am the queen of stretchmarks and I dislike it so much.
I gained so much weight during each of my 3 pregnancies!
Like I said I have stretch marks EVERYWHERE but the place it bothers me the most is behind my knee going down towards my calf. I have full hopes of losing this extra weight, I have done lots of research and nothing seems to minimize these stretch marks.
My question is for those of you who have had stretch marks:
After losing weight, do the stretch marks look less obvious??
I need something to look forward to,,,
It is so hard not to wear short skirts this summer.

Replies

• Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    The only thing that seems to help is a tan...and I only fake tan to be safer.

I don't think they got much different since I lost weight but they don't bother me as much even if as easy to see because the coolness of the weight loss distracts me :)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Losing weight can help make them appear smaller, but can also bring on loose, sagging skin. Stretchmarks will never completely go away - but they do fade over time. I recommend tanning, body butter, and just accepting the fact that they are part of being a mommy. :) I guarantee you that no one is thinking about them nearly as much as you probably are. :heart:
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I haven't had children....however I have stretch marks.....they're my victory stripes and Im proud to wear them! hehe

but as I do lose weight, they are diminishing, which is great. :)
  • merisendabills
    Options
    I heard cocoa butter does wonders! I don't have kids but I did get a lot of stretch marks from gaining weight. I've noticed that working out the muscles in those areas makes them look less obvious. I have some on my arms but now that I've been lifting weights, they don't look as big.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have them too. My stomach has a gazillion. My stomach ones look worse with weight loss, honestly. They do fade with time. My youngest is six and they are more whitish/silver than hot pink/purple like they were when they were new. I have them on my hips, boobs, and thighs too but those ones are thinner and with a tan, they aren't that bad but my stomach are the big thick deep ones, darn kids. Haha! My kid asked me if I got scratched by a tiger. LMAO
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I have them too. My stomach has a gazillion. My stomach ones look worse with weight loss, honestly. They do fade with time. My youngest is six and they are more whitish/silver than hot pink/purple like they were when they were new. I have them on my hips, boobs, and thighs too but those ones are thinner and with a tan, they aren't that bad but my stomach are the big thick deep ones, darn kids. Haha! My kid asked me if I got scratched by a tiger. LMAO

Lol Yeah my son has asked me stuff like that about mine a few times. xD "Mom, what happened to your belly? Those look like they hurt." He's so sweet and innocent... I love him. lol I tell him they're from when I was pregnant with him in my belly - the first time I told him that he looked like he was about to cry! I was like nooo honey, it's okay! Poor guy. He felt bad! I told him I'm proud of them because they are part of being a mom, and I wouldn't trade them for him ever ever ever. :)
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    A friend sent this to me awhile back, and I'm learning to embrace it!

240942648784848975_FUf5HRa3_f.jpg
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Loves this!! Such a great mommy mantra!
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Right?! I may have stretch marks, but I also have 2 wonderful, handsome, caring, smart, intelligent sons. And that part right there wins out. :o)
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • mishaw8826
    mishaw8826 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I
  • mishaw8826
    mishaw8826 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

240942648784848975_FUf5HRa3_f.jpg

I love this!!! I instantly feel better about my war wounds!