Sweet Alternatives

Options
2»

Replies

• lindsiswatchingyou
    lindsiswatchingyou Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I'll add carrots to my grocery list. Its worth a shot!
  • thuy5
    thuy5 Posts: 22
    Options
    I freeze my chocolate (buy buttons in assorted milk, dark and white) and they take longer to melt in my mouth...so the fun lasts longer :-)

I also portion them off into little containers so I don't try to cheat and go back for more.
  • rhodajean
    rhodajean Posts: 3
    Options
    Fiber One has these 90 calorie brownies and they are so good. I like the one with peanut butter, but they have a few other choices. Totally satisfies my sweet craving.
  • jessicab0625
    jessicab0625 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    LOVE these! Natural ingredients and a lot like a cookie!
    http://smashedpeasandcarrots.blogspot.com/2011/08/no-bake-energy-bites-recipe.html
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Black bean brownies rock, plus give you a big boost of protien and fiber
  • squirrleydoodle
    squirrleydoodle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    some posted a recipe for brownies made with 1 15oz can of pumpkin puree and 1 box of chocolate fudge cake mix. mix together (it'll be thick) and bake. i'm going to try it tonight. fingers crossed it comes out good lol!!
  • swthrtsmrf
    swthrtsmrf Posts: 384
    Options
    When I get that way it is usually around TOM. I eat a few bites of what I want and use common sense of portion control and moderations.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Those Skinny Cow wafer bars are pretty good.
    I also keep some fruit snacks on hand to have in the evenings when I'm craving something sweet, they're mostly only 80-100 calories or so and are pretty much candy.
    A nutritionist once told me that if you're craving sugar, to cut up an apple and press it into some sugar as you eat it and your sugar craving will be gone after a piece or two. Something about the extra sweetness satiating you craving quickly without much actual sugar input. I don't know though, it seems way too sweet to be satisfying to me.
    I've seen some really good recipes on here for peanut butter balls and stuff like that too. I like the idea of making something and freezing it already portioned out.
    Oh, and I also read an interesting 'recipe' recently to take some grapes, wash them and drain off most of the water and then shake them with crystal light mix and freeze them. It sounds good, I think I'll try it this summer.
  • Racheldt87
    Racheldt87 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Try pinterest, there's usually good lower calorie recipes on there!
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Try Vitalicious Chocolate Decadent brownies and muffins and muffin tops. They are 100 calories and have 10 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein. They taste fantastic and have nutritional benefits too.
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Make fat-free, sugar-free chocolate fudge pudding with 2 cups of unsweetened coconut almond milk.

Add strawberries, frozen bananas, granola, etc.

It's my favorite!!
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I make hot chocolate using one cup of unsweetened almond milk (35 calories), 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder (10 calories), and 1 or 2 Splendas. Sometimes I use sugarfree hazelnut Torani syrup and one Splenda. Just heat it up in the microwave. It's amazing! You could use your sweetener of choice though, or you could even use sugar - it wouldn't add too many calories. Very satisfying right before bed!
  • EstherZue
    EstherZue Posts: 39
    Options
    I found a great recipe for the most amazing chocolate truffles.

Melt 100g dark chocolate. Mix with 100g fat free cream cheese. Add some splenda and vanilla flavour. Put in the fridge for half an hour. Take out and roll into balls and dust with a cocoa powder and cinnamon. Put back into fridge.

Depending on how large you roll the balls you can control the calories. I usually make mine 50 cal per ball and have one or two in the evening.

The best thing about them is they don't taste low fat at all and they are so rich, you will feel totally satisfied after 1 or 2 pieces.