Nothing like a compliment to boost your confidence

Options
I was pumping gas today :grumble: $3.60 a gallon :grumble: and a good looking guy starts chatting to me about my car. Then he says..."Do you come with the car"? I just said, "You couldn't AFFORD me"....
That made my day! I haven't been complimented like that by a man in a LONG time...I almost forgot what it felt like!

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I was pumping gas today :grumble: $3.60 a gallon :grumble: and a good looking guy starts chatting to me about my car. Then he says..."Do you come with the car"? I just said, "You couldn't AFFORD me"....
    That made my day! I haven't been complimented like that by a man in a LONG time...I almost forgot what it felt like!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    You one hot mama:drinker:
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    Maybe not only are you improving your looks, but are putting off those subtle (or maybe not-so-subtle, if I read your personality correctly :laugh: ) "Available" signals now that your not so dear hubby has cheated and proved himself to be the jerk!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Maybe not only are you improving your looks, but are putting off those subtle (or maybe not-so-subtle, if I read your personality correctly :laugh: )

I'm about as subtle as a neon sign....lol:laugh:
    I've been called quite a few things, but "subtle" isn't one of them:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • dshandt
    Options
    BINGO!!!! :bigsmile:

Some guy (maaaaaaannnnnnnnny years ago, like 30!) called me "sweet." I almost gagged and puked all over him. I can be nice, I can be thoughtful, I can be funny, but sweet? never!
  • dshandt
    Options
    Make that 40
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    LOL, you guys crack me up. GTO that rocks, i agree that it's nice to recieve a complement like that, or even the occasional hot college girl stealing a glance my way then blushing when I catch her. I even had a totally random woman hit on me the other day while I was getting gas (maybe these gas prices are making people crazy....:indifferent: )

Anyhoo, I was wearing my MIA/POW shirt (my uncles best friend in Vietnam, ended up MIA) and admittedly it's fairly tight around the chest area and makes me look HUGE (in the good way). She was like, 'I know what your shirt means' I was like, :huh: , and she was like 'It means missing in action and Prisoner of war.' I nodded and smiled and said, 'Yeah it does, I have to represent for my boys missing in battle.' She grinned and blushed slightly and said, 'With a butt like that, I will be your prisoner anyday, your prisoner of LOVE!!!' I was like :noway: '!!!!!!!!!' :blushing: I just laughed and said thanks, quickly got in my car and drove away. It's nice to be complimented like that, but I think she might have broken me had I taken her up on her offer. :laugh:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    OK~ I am so right there in the NOT being a "Sweetie"" myself I am a more of a "Tell like it is" gal......but pick-ups can feel good...we just don't have to let them know that LOL...:devil: .

zen....
  • dshandt
    Options
    whoooo-eeeeee, Jeremy! Sounds a little scary to me! You'd better be careful from now on....like wear big oversized t-shirts and saggin' loose pants! :laugh:
  • pauladavies86
    pauladavies86 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    'With a butt like that, I will be your prisoner anyday, your prisoner of LOVE!!!'

hahahaha! I thought only creepy old guys used come-ons like that!! ... and Samantha from Sex and the City... lol! SO FUNNY!
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Yeah it is like asking if Fries come with that shake ewwwwwww! But hey?

zen
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    I've only lost 5 lbs (and with a goal of 71) it is totally NOT noticable to anyone but me! I have been able to convince myself that everybody is checking me out today, just because I am feeling great.

I have to say that I can't wait for some really crazy comments like the ones you guys got.

Self esteem boost and a great story to tell... it is a win-win!
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    The other day i stepped outside to show my neighbor (who is also a really good friend) my new size 16 jeans that I can squeeze my hiney into..... so i yell across the street "hey jen like my new jeans.." Her husband yells back "show us your titties".... as she hits him in the back of the head before he even finishes :laugh: it was funny but it sort of felt good too....
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    GTO you hot momma you!!! :laugh: I loved your response!!!! :laugh: AMEN!

good for you and I totally agree a complement as much as we'd like to think its no big woop can have us beaming all day! At least it does w/ me! lol Hey we ALL deserve it! lol

And J, that was a close call LOL....so funny! (scaredy-cat!)

One of the funniest, sweetest lines I've ever heard was a few weeks ago, I was coming out of a restuarant w/ my sister and this little old Italian man stopped walking in front of us looked at me and said, "I've just seen a goddess! pinch me I'm dreaming!".......:laugh: we cracked up and I think he knew he was slick cuz then he winked lol.... Needless to say my sister had a field day w/ that one....lol I'm 5'2" and I toward over him and he had like 50 yrs on me...but was he sweet!!! lol and made my day!
    Watch out...Ali's still got it w/ the slick senior citizens! lol

lol you guys are sooo funny!!!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    The other day i stepped outside to show my neighbor (who is also a really good friend) my new size 16 jeans that I can squeeze my hiney into..... so i yell across the street "hey jen like my new jeans.." Her husband yells back "show us your titties".... as she hits him in the back of the head before he even finishes :laugh: it was funny but it sort of felt good too....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    I was hiking with my boys and one of their friends and we met a 70 year old man who was fishing. He said, "I'm from Detroit and I come to NC once a year because it is so beautiful." He waved one hand toward the river and said "Beautiful scenery", then waved toward me, "A beautiful woman". Now granted he was 40 years older than me, and must have been half-blind, buy hey, he called me beautiful and it still made my day.

:smile: :smile:

A couple of months ago I was at Wal-mart and my five kids and I had to walk in front of a man to reach the bag of Splenda ( I know its terrible for you, but I have to have my sweet tea) When I said sorry, he said, "No problem, if you weren't already taken, I'd sure like to have you." Granted, a little creepy, but it was nice to know someone still considers me attractive.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I was hiking with my boys and one of their friends and we met a 70 year old man who was fishing. He said, "I'm from Detroit and I come to NC once a year because it is so beautiful." He waved one hand toward the river and said "Beautiful scenery", then waved toward me, "A beautiful woman". Now granted he was 40 years older than me, and must have been half-blind, buy hey, he called me beautiful and it still made my day.

:smile: :smile:

A couple of months ago I was at Wal-mart and my five kids and I had to walk in front of a man to reach the bag of Splenda ( I know its terrible for you, but I have to have my sweet tea) When I said sorry, he said, "No problem, if you weren't already taken, I'd sure like to have you." Granted, a little creepy, but it was nice to know someone still considers me attractive.

That's it!! I wanna move to the south!! :grumble:

CO men just don't dole out the compliments.....:angry: to me anyway.....:embarassed: :ohwell:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    well then they are blind or really shy shannon cuz you're a very pretty lady!!!:wink:

hugs!
    Ali
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    well then they are blind or really shy shannon cuz you're a very pretty lady!!!:wink:

hugs!
    Ali

Major hugs back!! Thank you!! :smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Woop woop! You totally deserved it after the last couple of weeks.....:flowerforyou: