Wii Workout Programs

Options
I am looking for a workout program for the Wii Gaming system and am wondering if anyone has any sugesstions.
As must of you may know Wii Fit just doesn't cut it.

Replies

• atisa01
    atisa01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wii Active 2 is pretty good.
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    go outside and walk, jog, run, whatever. it's a lot cheaper than a new game :laugh:
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    EA Sports Active 2.
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Just Dance :)
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Zumba 2 works u out
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Wii Active 2 is pretty good.

It's what I started with and am now marathon running and doing P90X2, Insanity, and several other intense programs. It was a great start for me.
  • sportsbear46
    Options
    EA Sports Active 2.
    ^^
    This is better the the 1st one.
  • MustangSally74
    MustangSally74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would have to agree Just Dance is wonderful & Zumba! I sweat a lot on both.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I started with Wii active 2.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with Active 2.
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    go outside and walk, jog, run, whatever. it's a lot cheaper than a new game :laugh:

I agree, but there are days when It's nice to have an indoor option when the weather is bad or too damn hot.
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    I also like Zumba 2, but if you don't like dancing, it's probably not your thing. I also have the Gold's Gym Shape Boxing and it's a great workout; more than I thought it would be initially. I like my Wii Fit2 for yoga and games, but it's lousy for cardio :tongue:
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options

Also hard when you have kids. :smile: it's MUCH easier to get my 5, 3, and 2 yr olds to dance with me, "box", whatever than it is to try to run in the heat pushing 3 kids in a stroller. :noway: To each his own!
  • trickrabbit
    Options
    I would just like to say thank you to all of you who responded.
    :flowerforyou:
  • hsnbro
    hsnbro Posts: 55
    Options
    Zumba for sure!
  • iroze
    iroze Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    "Exerbeat" has nice kickboxing and martial arts as well as hip-hop and aerobics. The latin dance portion of it may come in useful as well :)
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    TheDreadPirateRoberts Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    EA Sports Active (any of them). EA Sports Active 2 is on sale at Sainsbury's at the moment for £8 with a HRM. They are pretty damned hard exercise regimes and they deliver results. You'd need to buy a stronger tension band though as a man I think.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'm bummed! After reading the recommendations, I went online looking to buy a copy of EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii, and it seems that EA Sports is discontinuing production/support of their whole Active line of games. They shut off their "Active" servers in April 2012, which means that there is no longer an online component.

I hope this means that they have a new fitness product lined up. I'm eager to have an option for the 99 degree days like today, and the -20 degree days in December!!!!!
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    TheDreadPirateRoberts Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm bummed! After reading the recommendations, I went online looking to buy a copy of EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii, and it seems that EA Sports is discontinuing production/support of their whole Active line of games. They shut off their "Active" servers in April 2012, which means that there is no longer an online component.

I hope this means that they have a new fitness product lined up. I'm eager to have an option for the 99 degree days like today, and the -20 degree days in December!!!!!

Yeah, the Active part of their servers is off line, but the rest of the game works perfectly. Some supermarkets are selling it off at discount prices now, so see if you can pick it up. Even without the online aspects, I strongly recommend the series (and only the last one had that online element anyway).
  • ollypennie
    ollypennie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree I picked up EA Active 2 for £7.50 and it was a complete bargain and what i have also been finding I am sticking with it. I also do Zumba and some yoga on wii fit but thats more just for fun.