TDEE difference

Options
I calculated my TDEE on fitnessfrog and it was 2414, while it was 1900 on http://www.cordianet.com/calculator.htm

500 in the difference is huge, if I'm aiming for a 500 daily deficit. I'm 5'4, 210 lbs, female and I have a desk job and I workout 3, maybe 4 times a week. Could anyone take a guess as to which number is more accurate

? I'm leaning towards 1900, which will mean eating 1400 cals a day. This is the same as MFP's estimate.

Replies

• SteelMagnoliaxx
    SteelMagnoliaxx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh only 118 and my TDEE as a lightly active person (I do a lot of walking) who does hardcore workouts about twice per week, is about 1700-1800. That's the average of results from a ton of online calculators. My thinking would be that since I'm nearly 100 pounds lighter, that yours might be closer to at least the 2200-ish range. That may sound like a lot, but I actually know a couple women on here who are maintaining around 135 eating like 2500. It all depends on you and your metabolism though, so unfortunately it's kind've a trial and error thing. Just experiment with how you feel at different intakes and see what works for you :)
  • louised88
    louised88 Posts: 159
    Options
    I think you might be right, I'll have to experiment and see how it goes :) It just feels so weird going into the red on calories!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Eat 1900 for a month and see what happens :)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I think you might be right, I'll have to experiment and see how it goes :) It just feels so weird going into the red on calories!

If you really dislike the red numbers...change your MFP goal to the number you are aiming for! :)
    Also change your macros. 15% is too low for protein. Try 25% or maybe even 30% (if your workouts involve weights).
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    The formula I use to calculate for TDEE goes as follows:

Find out your BMR, first: 370 + (21 x lean body mass in kg)

Next, estimate your activity level (1.0, 1.2, 1.4, 1.6, etc.) and multiply that to your BMR.

That will provide the TDEE for you. For losing body fat, most people drop the TDEE estimate by .90 to .80. and see how their body responds. Whatever that range is, is what I recommend for training days. For days off, I ask they eat slightly above BMR.

I also agree, after reading your diary, that your protein intake is too low and should aim for 100g or so daily.
  • louised88
    louised88 Posts: 159
    Options
    thanks for the advice guys! I really appreciate it. I'll change the protein macros now, I was so focused on calories I didn't even think about them :/