Eating back cals & EMTWL same thing?

Options
So I just want to get something straight in my mind. I was thinking about the whole "eat more to weigh less" thing and thought maybe I do aready as I always eat back exercise cals. So currently my daily allowance is 1450 but eating back exercise cals I generally eat 1900ish and net 1450ish. On non exercise days I just stick to 1450.

So isn't this pretty much it? or would the "eat more" way be just to eat 1900ish every day and not take into account "extra exercise cals". If someone could explain this I would be very grateful, the net thing always confuses me - thanks in advance!

BTW, Im 5ft10 and 147, aiming to get under 140.

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    yes!

It just means "stop freaking starving yourselves, people!".

It means, eat a small deficit AND your exercise calories.

It means, "WHY do people always resort to freaking 1200 when they don't HAVE to?"

You are doing well eating 1900 on days you exercise.
    The 1450 on rest days might be a tad low at 5'10". I eat that at 5'2"
    You could check to see that your settings are NOT at sedentary and that you are set at .5 pound a week with so little to lose.

Otherwise you are awesome!
  • SukiRob
    SukiRob Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's exactly the same thing....the calculators you use (scooby - fattofit) all factor excercise cals. I set my MFP to 1500 and when I put in exercise cals it comes to pretty much exactly what fattofit recommends. So long as you eat them back it's all good. Eat above BMR and below TDEE and make sure you have your activity level set right.