I have plateaued-is this my ideal weight?

Options
I am 5lbs away from my goal weight and I cant seem to shift it.

I work out at least 3 times per week and I'm eating within or below my daily calories allowance of 1400 per day, yet I have remained the same weight for 4 weeks. So Frustrating!!!!

I am within the healthy weight range for my height so should I just try to forget my goal and maintain? Even though I'm not 100% happy!?

Any other ideas why weight loss would just stop?

Replies

• mrmoustache
    Options
    You're not eating enough. What's your height/weight and how much exercise do you do/what type?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The scale is only one way to track your progress... and probably the most meaningless.

Take measurements, go by how your clothes fit, and take photos. Make sure your goal is set to a half pound a week, get adequate protein, and exercise regularly including strength training. I weigh 5 pounds more than I did last summer, but I'm wearing smaller clothes and look a lot tighter.
  • BattyMac87
    BattyMac87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough. What's your height/weight and how much exercise do you do/what type?

I'm 5ft 4 and 120lbs, for fitness I do bootcamp sessions 2-3 times per week which are a very intense mix of strength and cardio. I walk about an hour per day (to work) and cycle everywhere I need to go-which doesn't feel like working out but it all adds up.

My TDEE is 1855 and 1350 is my BMR- but not so sure how I should be applying these figures to my goals.
  • mrmoustache
    Options
    If 1400 is your NET calorie amount, then it's enough, though with that TDEE, you have a pretty big deficit. You could be eating more. Then again, your weight is already healthy for your height, and as Lorina suggested, you could focus on measurements rather than the scale.
  • BattyMac87
    BattyMac87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I will try cm measurements then, pity I didn't do that from 4 weeks ago! Fingers crossed I have been losing inches ;-)