Recipes

Options
I noticed I am hungry ALL the time, I feel like no matter what I eat, especially salads I am hungry like an hour later. I was hoping to get some recipes of meals and snacks that others like. (I've searched through the forums) Anything helps, thanks! :)

Replies

• JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Eat some more things that are high in fiber they will keep you more full. Sometimes when I am hungry I have an apple to fill me up.
  • whitejessamine
    Options
    I, on the other hand, find eating an apple ALWAYS makes me feel like I'm STARVING! On the other hand, I find beans have lots of staying power, because of all the fiber, and if prepared right, are fairly low in calories...also, hummus is made from chickpeas, so that counts as beans too...some vegetables and three or four tablespoons of hummus makes a good snack that leaves me feeling full.

Also, try drinking at least 16 oz. of water with every meal...I find that helps a lot. And when I get the urge to snack, I drink water first. Sometimes it turns out I'm not actually hungry, but thirsty.

Also, salsa is low in calories, and can also be a good dip for veggies (not just chips!)...or, I'll mash up half an avocado and mix it with salsa and pretend it's guacamole ;)
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    This week i have started to eat more protein and find this is helping me keep fuller for longer x
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If you're already getting enough fiber and protein in your diet, maybe it's a mental thing. So, I give you this and I hope you like Chinese.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/307942-169-calorie-big-big-big-bowl-of-noodles

This takes a bit of store-searching to get the proper ingredients, but it makes an enormous bowl of noodles with a respectable amount of fiber and protein for its calorie count. The sodium is a bit on the high side, though if you had the time to make a chicken broth yourself (or even just get some reduced-sodium chicken stock) instead of using bouillon cubes and substitute the powders with fresh garlic and herbs, you could probably bring it down by a lot.
  • chrisa847
    chrisa847 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Which foods are you eatting to get more protein??
  • Alexandria1213
    Alexandria1213 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Your links were very helpful, thank you :)
  • Alexandria1213
    Alexandria1213 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I will definitely have to try this out, thanks!
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my stomach will hurt after eating raw veggies. I always thought it was hunger but it seems to be indigestion and not hunger. Be careful that you aren't confusing stomach pains with hunger.