HELP!

Options
One of my friends recently pointed out to me, that I have been self sabotaging myself, I had no idea what she meant until she started to point it out! I have been getting my weight down to 95 / 96 kg (about 212lb) and as soon as I get to that I binge eat for a few days and stop exercising, it can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to a month or two :( , I don't know why I am doing it but I never even realized it was happening until tonight, why am I doing this? I don't want to go backwards! I want to get to my gal and be healthy!

Replies

• patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing mine is whenever I love 10-20 lbs I do the same thing. I am beating myself up this week trying to get back into my zone.:embarassed:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    SAME!

When I get in the 70's I always binge! It's like we are afraid of success!
  • kailaburch89
    kailaburch89 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The thing is a few years ago I weighed 120kg, I managed to get down to 82kgs in 1 year (not counting calories and only walking) and then fell pregnant with my 2nd then third kids only to end up back at 102.3kg so now I have almost ended up back where I have started and I hate it :(
    So I know I can do it :/ why now am I sabotaging myself?
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    You are young enough, however you have to decide, do you want a thinner, more healthy body, or do you want to keep increasing your weight. There isn't an quick solution except to start eating healthy. You have to stay away from sweets, all sugar items, healthy snacks instead of chips and other fattening snacks. You are the secret!! You have to want to lose weight. Don't keep bad snacks in your house!!
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'd love to know the answer to this too! I've just finished reading Secrets of a Former Fat Girl. In a nutshell it says that we don't think we are worthy of being the person we want to be and we are frightened that we are going to be failures even when we get there so we stay 'fat' because it is more 'comfortable' for us! Seems crazy but I really related to the book, I had even 'discovered' alot of what she says in the book along this most recent journey! Good luck with your journey and if you would like some support or an understanding ear add me! :drinker:
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    I used to do that ALL the time. This was before I came onto MFP. Though I knew why I was doing it, I just couldn't stop myself. I felt as though I was working hard, or depriving myself.

After a bit of success it was as though I didn't have to try hard anymore and I was rewarding myself. But then I would slip right back to where I had been and usually a bit heavier. Which brings me to where I am today.

So now I am trying to think of this, not as a diet. I am teaching myself how to live the rest of my life. Hopefully, this way I won't slip back. Because this isn't about rewarding myself, or just about my goal weight. I want to be doing this for the rest of my life.

idk.... I guess you might have a completely different reason for slipping. But I hope you figure out your solution.
  • kailaburch89
    Options
    I dont want the snacks in the house, if i could fill it with nothing but good stuff I would but then the kids (especially the 7yo) start winging that there is no food to eat :( I dont know how to find a "middle" so to speak with food :(
  • kk281
    kk281 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I did that. got within 10lbs, weight loss contest ended. then i gained 50 of it back over football season. it sucks. once i get back to my goal weight my plan is to give myself ONE day every week as a "Cheat day" this will hopefully help curb my need to eat and give me something to look forward to. i'm not gong to TRY to eat bad on that cheat day, just not watch what i eat and not exercise. but in doing that i will have to make sure and eat well and exercise on the other 6 days
  • kk281
    kk281 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I dont want the snacks in the house, if i could fill it with nothing but good stuff I would but then the kids (especially the 7yo) start winging that there is no food to eat :( I dont know how to find a "middle" so to speak with food :(

this is a big temptation for me as well. just make sure you have healthy snacks too
  • kailaburch89
    Options

this is a big temptation for me as well. just make sure you have healthy snacks too

I think I may have to just buy a heap of healthy snacks and just make him eat healthy :/ if he don't like it he will have to get used to it, I don't really see any other way
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    best advice I can give is track everything you eat. When I see numbers it stops me from eating more.

Nothing wrong with changing your children's eating habits either. They may dislike you now but they will thank you later.