High Protein/Fiber

Options
chrisa847
chrisa847 Posts: 8 Member
Hello all,

I have been trying to find foods with high protien/fiber. Any great suggestions are welcomed!!

Replies

• Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm interested too. I'd like to find both in one item, but it seems like whole food often have one or the other. I've been doing a few packaged bars, but I can't just eat those all day long.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    That's going to be a combination, in general high protein foods are low fiber; except for nuts, beans, peas, edamame, etc. Lean meat and greens are good like chicken & broccoli.
  • BigenFluffy
    BigenFluffy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I eat greek yogurt (the flavored kind because plain is nasty) sprinkled with wheat germ.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Lentils!!!
  • mrsbastone
    mrsbastone Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    beans and nuts
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Try flaxmeal wraps filled with chicken, very high fibre and protein...Throw in some crunchy veggies as well..And you`ll hit your daily fibre total in one meal.
  • honu18
    honu18 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Kashi Go Lean Original cereal. 140 calories for a cup, 10 g of fiber and 13 g of protein. Some protein bars also have high protein/fiber combined. I like to eat veggie burgers too, some of them have like 13g of protein for like 70 or 80 calories!
  • Wendy_Newbern
    Wendy_Newbern Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For ideas (not to recommend a nutrition plan over another - but to help you with ideas only) check out the atkins.com website.
    They have a comprehensive list of foods that are like this. There is a comprehensive list you can download, or if you take advantage of the free sample pack, you get a nice booklet with lots of information on protein, fiber, etc. I carry that with my in my purse for times when I can't look something up on my phone.

Key is probably - Lots of veggies eaten along w your proteins.
  • EmilyQC
    EmilyQC Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Kashi go lean is a protein and high fiber cereal, aldi's makes a comparable brand called GetBalance. I eat it in the morning with fruit and almond milk. Also i'll make salads that have soynuts for crunch and shredded deli meat on them, made with spinach and spring mix salad. Its protein and fiber in one meal.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Special K makes some great products; protein shakes, etc.