Stuck and Ready to get Moving

Options
I have been at this for 1 year. I have lost and regained. I refuse to give up!! I need motivation and encouragement at times. Sometimes it can get very depressing.

Replies

• YankeesLvr52
    YankeesLvr52 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    With a "never give up" attitude like yours, you can't help but eventually succeed. :)
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    No you don't want to give up! This can be done. You really need to log everyday, find ways to cut some calories out, get moving. I am 55 yrs old too, I just can't keep up with the jumping around excercises anymore, so I walk as much as I can. Logging my food really helped me see the calories I was taking in and the mindless eating I was doing. I have changed some of my recipes to be a lighter version and also found some on the internet that were helpful. Learned what a portion is. Their is nothing I say I can't have that. I just plan for it and if I have to I will do some more excercise. You can do this , you have to find what works for you. And having some friends on here can help. You can me if you like, I will encourage you on your journey.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    What has helped me is to find peers that are ahead of the game on where I'm at. This is a great motivater!
  • ladyj1957
    ladyj1957 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragement!!!!
  • ladyj1957
    ladyj1957 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would love to add you as a friend!!!
  • janetbythesea
    Options
    I started just over a year ago. I'm 50lbs down. Will gladly share your journey if you want to add me as a friend.
  • yougojo170
    yougojo170 Posts: 62
    Options
    Winners are the ones who never give up. You can do it. I have gained and lost so much weight over the years but I am still trying. You are not alone. We are all here for you. Any time you want to talk or vent- please feel free to contact me. I will be there for you. We are in this together- all of us.
  • cvance3
    cvance3 Posts: 64
    Options
    That's an awesome attitude - I'm in a similar starting place (lost & regained...and working on the re-losing again!). I'm working on building up a nice little support system here, to keep me motivated (since it's a lot easier for me to "forget" to track something when I have a sweet tooth!)

It's all about the journey - and it seems like there's a lot of people here to help you (and me!) along the way!

Feel free to add me (anyone, really!) so we can keep on moving!
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose "regained" weight! It can and will be done!! FR is sent and anyone else who wants to add me, please feel free to do so!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! You are worth this journey and I admire your determination! You've got this - I'd love to be your cheerleader! :bigsmile:
  • cmp_denver
    cmp_denver Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, if you want. We all need encouragement and a reminder of what (and why) we're trying to lose!