filling low cal/fat recipes

Options
jazzy020106
jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
Anyone know any??? PLEASE SHARE!! im dying for something new to eat!!! =]

P.S.. Is anyone else having a problem with MFP?? Its running very slow for me today. =[

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I had one for breakfast this morning--

1/4 cup egg substitute
    1 serving turkey sausage (I made my own from Zonya Foco--soooo good!)
    1/3 cup peppers chopped
    1 slice low fat swiss cheese
    cook it all as an omelet or scramble and put in
    1 orowheat sandwich thin

Sooo very filling and quite tasty! I think it only came to around 200 calories, I ate it with half an apple and some yogurt. (brought the total to 293)

I also :heart: the biggest loser Doc's Chili. It is so good and only 125 calories a serving. I eat it with some toast and cheese--usually 1-1/2 -2 servings.

:flowerforyou:
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    That sounds great!! thanks =]
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Chicken and vegetable stir fry. just chop up chicken and put it on a pan with nothing. Let it brown up. once brown add some water, then taco sauce, hot sauce, kikkoman soy sauce..Let water boil out til all thats left is the chicken chunks and a thick sauce. pour on a plate. sprinkle pepper and stevia powder. sweet and spicey chicken! next without even washing the pan just throw a cup of vegetables on. stir fry them in some kikkoman and then pour over chicken and eat up. you can use 7.5oz of chicken and a cup of vegetables and keep it at around 200 very filling cals. Good luck.:)

p.s. if you are really hungry you can add a sweet potato or make sweet potato fries on the side. You still won't clear 300 cals with all that and you will probably be nice and stuffed.
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    OOO... breakfast and dinner now =] thanks so much =]
  • darkside3119
    darkside3119 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite recipes is for a pasta dish i make without the pasta! I found it in a pampered chef cook book i think
    morningstar chik patties baked and chopped into strips
    2 cans diced tomatoes with garlic and oregano
    1/2 cup diced onion
    one clove of garlic pressed
    red pepper
    green pepper
    parmesan cheese to top

first use a little cooking spray to saute the onions for a minute or two. add peppers and garlic and saute for another min or two. add tomatoes, and cooked chik'n strips and heat to boiling. reduce heat , cover and simmer about 10 minutes until hot. top with cheese
    This is filling and low cal and sooo good. You can even add a little cooked whole wheat pasta to make it even more filling.