Added a picture to my profile

Options
Just wanted to introduce my girls! Someone had requested to see a pictures of my twins, here they are! Emma (the blonde) and Hannah (the brunette). They were born 5 minutes apart, but still have different birthdays---because it was over the midnight hour. Hannah has been a type 1 diabetic since she was 18 months old. Both girls will start kindergarten this fall.

Anyone else here have twins or a child with diabetes?

Replies

• luvmytwins02
    Options
    Just wanted to introduce my girls! Someone had requested to see a pictures of my twins, here they are! Emma (the blonde) and Hannah (the brunette). They were born 5 minutes apart, but still have different birthdays---because it was over the midnight hour. Hannah has been a type 1 diabetic since she was 18 months old. Both girls will start kindergarten this fall.

Anyone else here have twins or a child with diabetes?
  • conklinaj
    conklinaj Posts: 12
    Options
    I have identical twin girls. They are 3 1/2, born 6 minutes apart. While looking identical, they couldn't be more different personality-wise.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I am an identical twin. Hope your girls do well. They have unique challenges ahead of them.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I am an identical twin. Hope your girls do well. They have unique challenges ahead of them.

Two beautiful Pam's in the world? Truly we are blessed! :bigsmile:

Luv, you're girls are adorable. I can only hope to have such beautiful little girls as that someday. :smile:
  • luvmytwins02
    Options
    My girls have completely opposite personalities as well! It's so funny how people born at the same time, brought up the same way, could be so different!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    They are so beautiful! I love their little denim jackets :bigsmile:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I have a 42 yo child that has Type 1 (my husband!) - Does that count!?

They are adorable - thanks for the picture!
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    I have 12 year old fraternal twins, boy & girl. Your girls are beautiful!
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    I have identical twin girls. They are 3 1/2, born 6 minutes apart. While looking identical, they couldn't be more different personality-wise.

I am the someone who asked for photos of the twins. Now where are yours???:bigsmile:
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    My girls have completely opposite personalities as well! It's so funny how people born at the same time, brought up the same way, could be so different!

Thanks for the p hoto, luv! Just from looking at the body language and the smiles, etc., I am going to guess that Emma is the most outgoing and the unofficial leader of the two, if there is one. Right or no???
  • luvmytwins02
    Options
    Emma is the social butterfly of them both, but Hannah is the leader. Hannah loves to be in charge (but is more shy with strangers). Emma is a follower and will also make friends with anyone who walks by! Emma was the smallest one when they were born, and was in the NICU for 10 days. However she is now 3" taller than her sister. I think that may be because Hannah didn't grow at all the year she was diagnosed with diabetes. Hopefully she can catch up!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    :heart: oh they are just precious and sooo pretty!!! bless their hearts!!!

My dad was a twin, I had hoped for twins myself but now that I have my son...I'm like omg two of him at the SAME TIME:noway: lol

best of luck and my best friend's daughter who is now 15 just found out she has diabetes....I know its hard for you all! hugs....its hard enough having children w/ all the worries....then add something to the mix it really gets interesting....sigh...believe me I totally understand!!!

hugs! and thanks for sharing!

lmbo...Pam I agree w/ Jeremy...two beautiful Pams...woo hoo! lol

oh and yes your hubby counts as a child....sigh....know the feeling! lol
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Your girls are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
    I wish your little one well.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

Two beautiful Pam's in the world? Truly we are blessed! :bigsmile:

Luv, you're girls are adorable. I can only hope to have such beautiful little girls as that someday. :smile:

Hahaha. You guys are too much....I'll try to post a pic of the two of us together. I love her to death and couldn't imagine my life without her. People have asked "Isn't it time for you two to separate" and the answer is NO! We're next door neighbors and our daughters behave like sisters. Our girls even mix us up. I LOVE IT!:happy:

Luv, I hope that your girls will grow up and be close. There is nothing like it.