Porridge!! Yum!

:happy: I know everybody knows this but.... Porridge is possibly the BEST breakfast ever!

Normally I go to the gym before work and have a yogurt before I start at 9am. By 10.30am my stomach is growling with hunger and I end up snacking. Today I had a bowl of 40g porridge oats, made with about 50ml skimmed milk and the rest water and not been hungry! I will last until my lunch at 2pm!

I know porridge is widely known as a slow release energy food which keeps you full up, but felt like I needed to share this to emphasise this more!!!

xx

Replies

• Lucille51
    Lucille51 Posts: 56 Member
    I'm totally with you there! I love my porridge! especially good with a burst of blueberries, yummy!
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Love it! I can bored with it sometimes though :-(
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    I was just talking to a co-worker about this the other day. I've had oatmeal for breakfast every M-F for a year and a half.

1/3 cup rolled oats, 1/8 cup craisins, 1/2 cup egg whites. 1/2 cup water. Microwave for 2 minutes.

Yummy filling goodness.
  • I love it with some blueberries thrown in beofre I cook it then add a sprinkle of cinnamon and a sliced banana when its cooked ,thats my breakfast sorted for tomorrow :smile:
  • karlywood123
    karlywood123 Posts: 6 Member
    i had porridge this morning too... still not hungry!!!

Blueberries and strawberries on top....
  • Never heard of egg whites in oats before ,might try that one day :smile:
  • fernamber
    fernamber Posts: 16
    I had some calories left over from lunch and was still hungry so has a small bowl for about 200 calories made with water and unrefined brown sugar and I've not snacked yet :D
  • bondyx
    bondyx Posts: 1
    i love porridge too! fills me up for a long time. Porridge with golden syrup = yum!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    1/3 cup rolled oats, 1/8 cup craisins, 1/2 cup egg whites. 1/2 cup water. Microwave for 2 minutes.
    Sorry, I know each to their own, but this just sounds wrong :sick:

My dad makes the best porridge ever: just plain porridge (rolled) oats, water, a pinch of salt and 2 tbsp of single malt whisky :drinker:

Best served immediately with some Canadian maple syrup :tongue:
  • aleexFIT
    aleexFIT Posts: 77 Member
    I totally agree. I made the switch to porridge earlier this year and I will not be going back everr! It keeps me full for so much longer. I have mine with chopped banana & raspberries!