Well... 50 lbs.

Options
HisShadow
HisShadow Posts: 59 Member
It's a milestone I guess. I thought I'd look better and feel better after losing 50. I guess it all depends on where you start, and I started so very heavy. Only 126 more to go.

Replies

• megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    That's spectacular! Now go to Costco and pick up one of their 40-pound bags of dog food and carry it around the store for a while. That's where you started -- plus 10 pounds!! Amazing!! Keep it up. :happy:
  • AnisaMG
    AnisaMG Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    50lbs is AMAZING!!! Great Job!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    50 pounds is fantastic! Think of the dedication and hard work you accomplished to reach this. You should celebrate! Don't always look at the final number as your goal. Celebrate each achievement along the way. You are making yourself healthier - that's a great thing!
  • Vicki_Noble
    Vicki_Noble Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nice job, Shadow! Meg, great way to compare weight loss. I can't wait to go grab *my* bag of dog food!
  • CDresp
    CDresp Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Every pound counts......pound by pound, inch by inch.....you WILL get there as long as you keep going.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    that's the weight of a 6 year old kid that you lost. Now carry that kid around with you all day and when you stop you'll be so happy and feel so much lighter. Give yourself a hug and now keep moving, YOUR DOING IT!!!! Congrats to you HUGS!!!
  • Connie48
    Connie48 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    50 lbs is awsome! If you don't think so, pick up a 50 lb bag of potting soil, dog food, or something and carry it. Gives you a much better idea of how much you've accomplished.

ETA: didn't realize someone else made a similar suggestion
  • cckellympls
    cckellympls Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    50 is a great accomplishment. I don't think you are giving yourself enough credit. Celebrate the little successes!!!! Do a happy dance. Just wait til your next 50........You can do it!!!! Keep up the excellent work and learn from your journey so you don't have to do this again. I am very happy for you!!!!!
  • mrgphillips
    Options
    true :-)
  • moea432
    moea432 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    im down 70+ now and im not exactly where i want to be either... but WE WILL GET THERE! Be proud of what you HAVE accomplished and be proud of WHERE YOUR GOING and not where you were!! WE GOT THIS!!
  • southrider
    southrider Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey, 50 lbs is a lot! But I understand how you feel, I still have a long ways to go also. Keep doing what you are doing and just imagine where you'll be next year. This is what I tell myself! :smile:
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    What are you talking about? 50 lbs is FANTASTIC!
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It's a milestone I guess. I thought I'd look better and feel better after losing 50. I guess it all depends on where you start, and I started so very heavy. Only 126 more to go.

Dude, you are 50LBS into your journey. You could be only 10. Be optimistic and stay focused. Milestone IS A milestone. Be proud and happy. I am.
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Its a big loss bro, but i sometimes look at my gut and think "why has it not shrunk"

I ran a 10k last Sunday and finished in 01:25:28 my mate done it in 01:02:00 im 18 stone and my mate is 14 stone

After the race he congratulated me and said if he had a ruck sack on his back with 4 stone in weight in it he would have taken longer than me to do it! Its a long journey but we will get there WELL DONE:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Well ...... that's freaking awesome !

Keep on truckin' !
  • HisShadow
    Options
    My wife has promised to make me a t-shirt quilt out of all my 4x t-shirts when I can just no longer wear them. They're very baggy as it is. I'm about to move into 3x.

NSV - I have felt un-self-conscious enough to go swimming in our HOA pool three times this week. The last time I went swimming was in 2009.
  • justdoit_steph
    Options
    50lbs is AWESOME!!!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Much to be proud of lady; keep up the good work!
  • HisShadow
    Options
    Much to be proud of lady; keep up the good work!

Lady?
  • CloudX
    CloudX Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    GREAT job! I'll be there soon! Thanks for the inspiration!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!