HELP!!!

Options
specialkyc
specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
Good morning Pals!! I am in desperate need of some help. I am running on about 11 hours of sleep over the last 3 days. I'm starting to nod off at my desk...no bueno :noway: I need some ideas for healthy options to boost my energy and wake me up a bit.

Thanks for your input...anything would help right about now.:yawn:

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Green tea with a splash of lemon. Coffee. Go for a brisk walk. Or do jumping hacks at your desk.
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    A coffee IV drip would give you a steady energy boost all day long :drinker:
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    tobasco sauce in your eyelids, every time you blink itll hurt like hell so keeping your eyes closed isnt an option, hence staying awake
  • myers0machine
    Options
    listen to ya body and sleep your health should come first so do what it wants but ok erm Staying awake is easy… 5 shots of espresso and 2 lines of cocaine is all you need. You’ll certainly be wide awake and wired, but you may also die from a heart attack a few hours later. In all seriousness, conquering drowsiness before it overwhelms your mind can be quite a challenge without the help of drugs

Nutritious Low Carb Snacks – Low carb fruits such as raspberries, apples, oranges, and grapefruits are great energy boosters. Heaping scoops of spicy salsa on a few small crackers is another goodie. Stay away from meats, breads and dairy products.

Pull Down on Your Earlobes – This may sound strange, but pulling down on your earlobes can help you stay awake and alert when you’re feeling drowsy. Just try it.

Go Outdoors – Getting some fresh air outdoors is always a good way to rouse your senses.

A Good Laugh – Watch a funny video clip or read your favorite comic strip. A good chuckle will stimulate your mind and help you to stay awake a little while longer.( http://www.youtube.com/user/myers0machine/videos )

Chew Sugar-Free Peppermint Gum – It won’t rot your teeth and it will generate just enough physical activity to keep you awake. Strong peppermint flavors seem to work best for me… there’s just something about that refreshing minty taste.

Cold Water – Splash some on your face and the pulse area of your wrists. Drinking an ice-cold glass of water can also help to wake you up, and if you drink enough of it you’ll be up on your feet using the restroom every 30 minutes as well.
  • specialkyc
    Options
    tobasco sauce in your eyelids, every time you blink itll hurt like hell so keeping your eyes closed isnt an option, hence staying awake

:laugh: :noway:
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    lamebook.com
    peopleofwalmart.com
  • specialkyc
    Options
    listen to ya body and sleep your health should come first so do what it wants but ok erm Staying awake is easy… 5 shots of espresso and 2 lines of cocaine is all you need. You’ll certainly be wide awake and wired, but you may also die from a heart attack a few hours later. In all seriousness, conquering drowsiness before it overwhelms your mind can be quite a challenge without the help of drugs

Nutritious Low Carb Snacks – Low carb fruits such as raspberries, apples, oranges, and grapefruits are great energy boosters. Heaping scoops of spicy salsa on a few small crackers is another goodie. Stay away from meats, breads and dairy products.

Pull Down on Your Earlobes – This may sound strange, but pulling down on your earlobes can help you stay awake and alert when you’re feeling drowsy. Just try it.

Go Outdoors – Getting some fresh air outdoors is always a good way to rouse your senses.

A Good Laugh – Watch a funny video clip or read your favorite comic strip. A good chuckle will stimulate your mind and help you to stay awake a little while longer.( http://www.youtube.com/user/myers0machine/videos )

Chew Sugar-Free Peppermint Gum – It won’t rot your teeth and it will generate just enough physical activity to keep you awake. Strong peppermint flavors seem to work best for me… there’s just something about that refreshing minty taste.

Cold Water – Splash some on your face and the pulse area of your wrists. Drinking an ice-cold glass of water can also help to wake you up, and if you drink enough of it you’ll be up on your feet using the restroom every 30 minutes as well.

I've been moving all week so not much sleep or rest is involved in that, but I normally do get regular sleep.

Thanks for those ideas. I just got my ice water, went outside for a few minutes and I'm going to try pulling on my earlobes.
  • jazzy43
    jazzy43 Posts: 16
    Options

His ideas are great!! Go with the natural solutions. I don't do caffeine because it makes my heart race too much and eventually I get the caffeine crash. Energy drinks (Red Bull) are so bad for you.
  • specialkyc
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input. I'm sure my boss would thank you. :laugh:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Eat an apple. For some reason apples wake you up more than a cup of coffee will.
  • CrazyTigerLilly73
    Options
    Green Tea ......and four flight of stairs always does the trick for me.
  • specialkyc
    Options
    His ideas are great!! Go with the natural solutions. I don't do caffeine because it makes my heart race too much and eventually I get the caffeine crash. Energy drinks (Red Bull) are so bad for you.

Yes, he has great ideas. I don't do energy drinks either.
  • brittanymarie120
    Options
    orange juice always helps me and gives me energy :)
  • ltaylor_11
    Options
    If you are allowed to listed to music, put something peppy on. I find Motown always does the trick for me!
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options

:laugh: :noway:

hey...gotta do whatcha gotta do sometimes
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I just started taking B12 supplements, and it really keeps me from feeling that midday need for a nap. The best solution, however, would be to get some sleep ;)
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    0MFM-Cokehead.jpg
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    0MFM-Cokehead.jpg

"If your thing is gone and you wanna ride on..."
  • soygurl
    soygurl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the suggestions lited above, but I'd also suggest that you try to take a little nap during your lunch break. Even justs 15-20 minutes can really make a differene. Just set an alarm on your phone or something, and take a nap in your car, or even just lay your head down on your desk or something. :wink:
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Yea ditto on the green tea, it's better than coffee or red bull.

Avoid high carb meals today, especially refined sugar snacks, they'll just make you sleepier.