workout!! workout!! workout!!

Options
okay so heres the deal..i am walking for about 2 miles a day at @ least 3.0 mph im burning about 280 calories/day..im supposed to eat 1500 calories/day before working out. Now that i have started working out I am not hungry and cannot force myself to eat 1500 calories much less 1800..is this going to hurt me in the long run and should i just FORCE myself to eat more?

Replies

• xeniasimms
    Options
    As long as you are eating at least 1200 - 1300 you should be fine. Just don't go below 1200!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    hmmm. are you getting cals burned from hrm?? maybe try adding like 100 cals for a week and then another 100. soon you won't be burning as much from the same exercise anyway. your body will get more efficient at it.
    if the quantity of food is overwhelming, try go for nutrient/calorie dense food. adding 1/4cup raisins or walnuts or almonds will up your cals fast but without the bulk of say 4 apples. make sense?

give yourself some time to play around with it all and see what works for you. :flowerforyou:
  • nikos1mom
    Options
    When did you start walking? I know when I started running again, I felt the same way for about two weeks. Then, my body adjusted, and I got hungry again. I just listened to my body. If it's not hungry, don't force it, it'll kick in after the adjustment.

I think it varies from person to person. I do however agree not going below 1,200.

Good luck!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    that sounds like a lot of calories burned for your workout of walking 2 miles. Is that from a Heart rate moniter? Either way you don't need to eat 1800 calories. 1500 is fine... DON'T go below 1200, you are okay!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    try adding some snacks in - you'll be ok at first but the more you lose the more stubborn your body will get about needing food!
  • sparkler2112
    sparkler2112 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ive went to 3 different websites and the display on my treadmill are all displaying the same calories burned (within 10 calories each way)..should i not trust that?