Hi, I'm new..... kinda

Options
:bigsmile: This is my second go around with mfp. Not sure why I stopped the last time except I got more busy and lost focus. 2 yrs ago I lost 56lbs in 5 months on mfp. For those of u that are discouraged, try to stay focused on the task, and try to stay busy if u can. I've been back for 2.5 wks and lost 15 lbs. It really does work. Reading about u all really incourages me. I hope this will incouage some of u.

Replies

• madmatti3
    madmatti3 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi I'm new... That is really encouraging arhoades... thank you so much. I actually downloaded MFP several months ago but only just decided to get serious. I think it really works because like time and money, once you start tracking it, you realize just how much you have been waisting or in the case of calories taking in LOL... I have been consistently tracking since the start of the week and since then, I have been going over my and my families past eating habits... We easily consumed 3-4 times our recommended calories, just for that awareness, I really love MFP. In addition, I suffer from inflammation and the reports with notes helps make it really easy to track the foods that could be hurting or helping me. I will be printing them out and puting them into a binder. Can't wait to see results!!!!!
  • arhoades
    arhoades Posts: 6
    Options
    I't's a pleasure to hear back from u. I'm looking forward to hearing good things about your progress. Go for it.
  • jotrier
    jotrier Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi never tried MFP. so totally new, I had tried loseit.com, was ok, but didn't work on my computer very well,it stalled a lot of times, so hoping this works better, so far so good. I'm a mother of 2, I own my owe business. and manage 2 more for my husband. I lack motavation sometimes and really have a hard time putting myself first, but I'm trying to make "me" important. I actually took Before pics this time. lol. scary!!!but maybe having that as a visual will help. I've tried lots of "diets/lifestyle changes" whatever you want to call them, and do well for a while but it's not easy and I ususally don't stick with it for many reason/excuses. I am my own worse frienemy.
  • Blanche76
    Blanche76 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me if you would like too. I've been on here for almost 2 years off and on. I'm just trying to keep the weight off that I lost 2 years ago, funny thing is I lost a lot of weight after my second baby and don't want to go back to my bigger size. Good luck!
  • arhoades
    arhoades Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank u for your reply. I now that lifes stresses and responsabilities can make us want to just beat our selves up phisically. So instead we beat up ourselves emotionally telling our selves that we are not worth the effort. But YOU ARE. WE ARE. U can do this. U have joined an army of people that are all going the same direction that u are. REMEMBER, ANY OLD DEAD FISH CAN FLOAT DOWN STREAM, BUT IT TAKES A LIVE FISH TO SWIM AGAINST THE CURRENT. Live it and go for it.
  • sevfam
    sevfam Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi to all of the above ^^^^ Ive been here for a while. Looking for new friends to help stay motivated. I lost 15 pounds and recently hurt my back and gained 5 back! MFP changed my life. Im getting back on track and determined to stay strong! I sent each of you a friend request. I hope you'll add me :~) Im 50 years old and live in California. I have two sons 21 and 16, married 30 years and a golden retriever named Spooner who doesn't retrieve! lol! I hope to see you all in my feed!

Stay strong!!