Allow Me To Re-Introduce Myself

Options
....I started MFP in March of last year. I had wonderful success with using this app and exercising frequently. I lost 50lbs and thought I was able to control my weight minus this app. I officially stopped using MFP in October. And since I've gained back all but 26lbs of my previous weight. So, I'm back. Time to make the big change again.

Replies

• MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Sounds like me :-)

I stopped using the app when I got injured and had to quit running. Boy, that was a mistake. I gained back all the weight I lost from running when I stopped.

I've learned that if I don't watch what I eat, I forget how much I'm actually eating and then I end up eating 3000 cals a day! Not to mention all the sweets I love to eat.....

Welcome back, it's better late than never :-) Feel free to add me :-)
  • magerz18
    magerz18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm here for support!!
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I did that, too, though my original weight loss success was with WeightWatchers. I joined MFP a couple weeks ago, and can already tell this is a great place for support, which is what I liked best about WW.

Feel free to add me, too!
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

I've definitely fluctuated before too!

Feel free to add me!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. Welcome back. I am looking at it as: "I know this works, so it will be easier this time"
    The down side is I am saying goodbye to the same numbers. But two months in this time and I have lost 20 of the original 30. And I will plan better for maintenance.
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    Hey, you made the first step to regaining control! Welcome back and feel free to add if you'd like :)
  • tkarguijo
    tkarguijo Posts: 35
    Options
    I did that also. I joined last summer, but when winter rolled in and I wasn't able to workout outside I pretty much gave up. I am hoping that I can get enough off this summer that I feel comfortable taking some Zumba and Kettle bell classes this winter. Happy Weight Loss!!
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! This is my second go round as well.
    I love the support here, giving and receiving. If you would like some good support, feel free to add me.
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I did the same thing last year...thought I needed a break from MFP and gained back what I had lost plus an extra 2 pounds.

Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Hi Marshall.
  • rrhennen
    rrhennen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You'll be back down in no time! I've found that my "uh oh" weight gets lower and lower anytime that I lose track/control. Pretty soon we'll all have this down permanently :)
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome back.
    Your story is a litle like mine. I lost 40 lbs (used this for the last 10 i believe) I kept it in check untill med change messed me up and I gained 20 lbs back in 2 months! UGH.... So I kinda stopped using this and let it go.... Ive gone up and down with this site since Jan...but I have been constant for close to 3 months now... Ive lost about 7 lbs. But I'm trying to keep it going and lose more....
  • djhannah02
    djhannah02 Posts: 34
    Options
    That's pretty much the same thing that I did :( I dropped 80 pounds and then just gained 30 back. So yea, I know how you feel. feel free to add me :)
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to the bandwagon! Your story sounds quite familiar. :wink:
  • CrazyTigerLilly73
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support and positive feed back!!!
  • STACYINOC
    STACYINOC Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing too...just with a different calorie app but the minute you stop tracking that weight just likes to creep back on. Welcome back and feel free to add me (that goes for anyone reading this as well). We can do this!!!!