Weights - Fit Fix??

Options
So I joined a gym recently, first time EVER, and in their gym they have what they call a "Fit Fix Circuit" which is basically 9 weight machines that you go through, you're supposed to do 3 sets of 12 reps at a weight that you're pushing through the last 3 reps, and it will take about 20-25 minutes to go through all of them (the idea is that it's quick so you're more likely to get in the habit of going to do it.) Obviously as you get stronger you increase your weight. I'm pretty weak right now (NO upper body strength, no joke!) and as much as I admire the New Rules ladies I don't think i'm quite there yet, I was thinking of doing this Fit Fix 3 times a week (cardio before and on the in between days) for a couple of months to get a little stronger and I was hoping to get people's opinion, or feedback if you've tried it.

Here's what it is:
1. back extension
2. seated leg curl
3. leg extension
4. seated row
5. chest press
6. lateral raise
7. biceps curl
8. triceps extension
9. ab crunch

And I was thinking I could also add in some squat+presses with the free weights.

Would this be a good preparation for the heavier stuff?? Is there something else I should be doing? My goal is to lose inches, I don't necessarily have a weight loss goal in mind though for reference I am about 20lbs heavier than I was 3 years ago.

Replies

• LeonaWFU98
    LeonaWFU98 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would say that if you have really no gym experience, it'd be a good way to break yourself in gently :) BUT - please, make sure that you have a trainer or other staff member show you how to properly use the machines and get the seats in the right place, etc. Yeah, most of them are self-explanatory, but better be safe than hurt, you know?

The thing that my trainer has always said, though, is that ONLY doing those machines over and over and over isn't going to give you the best workout over time. So - great way to start, but you'll want to branch out as you get more comfortable.

HTH!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I would say that if you have really no gym experience, it'd be a good way to break yourself in gently :) BUT - please, make sure that you have a trainer or other staff member show you how to properly use the machines and get the seats in the right place, etc. Yeah, most of them are self-explanatory, but better be safe than hurt, you know?

The thing that my trainer has always said, though, is that ONLY doing those machines over and over and over isn't going to give you the best workout over time. So - great way to start, but you'll want to branch out as you get more comfortable.

HTH!

Thanks Leona!
    Yes, I only intend to do it as a starting point to ease into this whole exercise/gym thing. I did have someone show me how to make the proper adjustments last night and there is always someone there to help me if I don't know what i'm doing. I just wasn't sure if I should be doing something else or if this would be an ok start. I appreciate you answering!