Is There Somewhere I Can Go, Someone I Can Pay To....

Options
Customize a meal plan/ diet for me? I am a runner, excersise daily.... But feel like a gain weight (bloat up) and the drastically drop it because my diet is all over the charts! I need sonething in black a white. I am looking to build lean muscle, not bulk up. Please help.

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I would think a nutritionist would be able to help you with that.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    You need to try and keep your potassium number equal if not higher than your sodium to eliminate the bloating
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    You can do it for free by simply logging what you eat and learning over time what gives you the nutrition you need. There are also plenty of diet plans for runners out on the Internet you can adopt (then adapt to suit your specific needs).

But if you need help, the type of person you want is a nutritionist or a dietician. Chances are your local gym already has a relationship with a few of them, or your doctor can refer you to one.
  • azbarrelracer1323
    azbarrelracer1323 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am in over my head! I don't mind eating the samething everyday... Just need something that will work for me.
  • azbarrelracer1323
    azbarrelracer1323 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    I get my meal plans from Mike Davies at Fitness Factory. I have never seen so much change in my body in such a short period of time. Highly recommend him!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Nutritionists can help, I also know that there are a few people online that offer those services for a price depending on what your overall goal is!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Buy a nutritionist and/or a chef....that'll do it.

Or you could research and read and learn and do it yourself. Logging your food is a great way to figure out where you need to change things.
  • aspen_matthews
    Options
    If you have good medical insurance you are usually covered to see a registered dietitian, who is the best person qualified to help you. If you can find one with a specialty/experience working with athletes that is the best. If your insurance doesn't cover this benefit, there are dietitians who offer online services that may be able to help you cheaper than paying full out of pocket to see one for a live consultation.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My friend Jeni Fujita can help: http://www.fujitawellness.com/
  • caiialily
    caiialily Posts: 28
    Options
    If you really want to have someone create a meal plan for you, you should see a registered dietitian. (Not a nutritionist. A person working at a vitamin store can call themselves a nutritionist when they know nothing about nutrition at all.)

An RD has gone to school, completed an internship, and gone through a rigorous exam process to train them how to give proper diet/nutrition advice. You can go to www.eatright.org and click on "find a registered dietitian" to find one near you.