Lost 65+ lbs last year and I've kept it off for a year

Options
I started my transformation on 1/17/2011 I'm 6'1 and weighed 270lbs. I lost 60lbs in 6 months. Took a breather and coasted till about october. The lowest I weighed in at was 198 and now I hover at around 205.

5389102_3165.jpg
5389102_1251.jpg
5389102_1568.jpg
5389102_4967.jpg

Replies

• niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WTG you look great and so different!!
  • Acliff510
    Acliff510 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT!! Maintaining is far harder than losing!! Good work
  • solleiz
    solleiz Posts: 3
    Options
    It is a lifestyle for sure. Even now after a year I look in the mirror and I sometimes do not recognize myself.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    WTG!

Congrats on the loss and even more so for the maintenance!
  • Seb3
    Seb3 Posts: 26
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss, and yes the hard part is not fall off the wagon. You sometimes heard of stories of where people lose a lot of weight, only to regain it and some.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement... kudos to you!

You really do look like a completely different person and having lost 60lbs myself, I know how it feels to be that much lighter and how much effort it takes to keep that weight off!

Well done you! :flowerforyou:
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Maintaining is harder than losing ? OMG really, I thought it would be alot easier.
  • DesiMum
    DesiMum Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look like a different person, very inspirational, thanks for sharing! I'm just starting on the journey, I hope I can lose just like you did
  • solleiz
    solleiz Posts: 3
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!