I'm stuck!

Options
Hi guys - first post here.

I've been losing weight for a little over 3 months now. 5'6", 27yr old, started at 223.5 and now at 205.

I have a calorie goal of 1620 calories and have no problems sticking to it. I'll even end some days at 1500ish instead.

My problem is just that for the last 2 weeks, I haven't dropped *anything*. It's very, very frustrating and I end up feeling like I'm failing. I'm not gaining anything, but I'm so sick of the scale not budging. I'm so close to being under 200 and that's been my goal for a while. So now that I can't reach it, any time I weigh myself, I just feel like crying. It's maddening how you can do everything right and it just. not. work.

Is there anything I should be doing differently?

Replies

• Boppinbird
    Boppinbird Posts: 76
    Options
    HI there

I'm pretty new to all of this, however here are some tips that have been given to me:

Vary your foods, otherwise your body will get used to the same plan and won't adjust.
    Have a free day - apparently that helps your metabolism and you also get to have a treat - yummy.
    Exercise, don't put the weight loss burden solely on your diet.
    Drink lots of water - your body can't hold it and it keeps you fuller for longer so you don't overeat.

I'm sure this is all common sense stuff that you already know but even if I haven't helped, at least I've bumped your post :0)

I have a net calorie goal of 1200 but I'm struggling to meet it. I don't feel hungry enough to eat that many and I don't really want to eat for the sake of eating.
  • kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You may have hit a plateau. When I hit a plateau I decreased my calories again and stated losing weight again.
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Unfortunately there isn't a magic formula for anyone. Some people up their calories, and it works for them. Some people do a cheat meal/day, and it kicks starts thing. For me, I vary my workouts as much as I can. And I don't give up. I had two cheat days on vacation over a week ago, and I gained 5 lbs. I was so close to my 30 lb loss mark, so I was upset! I even worked out in the hotel, DAMMIT! In over a week of being back on the diet, I've only lost 2 of what I gained. I'm afraid it's part of the game, so we just have to keep thinking about WHY we are doing this and not the numbers on the scale. I work out and watch what I eat because I LOVE finally feeling in control of my health. I look better and am fitter than I was 15 years ago! So I will keep pushing play on my workout DVD's. I will keep running further and futher every time I attempt it. I will lift more weights each time I do strength training. Even if the number doesn't go down on that scale, the changes in my body that let me push myself harder each time are what keep me going.
  • romare777
    romare777 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Start weight training and building muscle. Muscle burns more calories. Try doing it 3 times a week along with 20-30 minutes of cardio.
  • slick8086
    slick8086 Posts: 6
    Options
    I've hit a few plateaus since I started losing weight last September. Some have lasted up to 3 weeks. Just keep going. It helped me to remember that the number on the scale is only one of MANY factors that measure how healthy I am. Your body can change shape for the better while your weight is still the same. In the end this is about being healthy over all and the number on the scale isn't the only important thing.
  • psteck01
    psteck01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My first post as well. I don't have any advice as I'm stuck as well for 8 weeks now. My trainer suggested using this site, so I can track everything and she can view. I hope to move the needle shortly. Good Luck.
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    you may not be losing weight but are you losing inches? I would definitively decrease you cal intake to re-boost your metabolism and make sure you keep changing up your foods.

Your doing great and will continue to lose.