birthday cake

Options
hello :smile:
so my birthday is on the 1st and im wondering if anybody knows of some good low fat/calorie recipes for cake. i really want a chocolate chip cake with cream cheese icing, but i would like to find a healthier way of making that. all of my family thinks im nuts and wants to just get me a regular cake, but trust me i would feel so horribly guilty :ohwell: i think i know of a good way to make the icing, but does anybody have any ideas for the actual cake part?
166960.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    You could use applesauce and egg substitute. You may want to make a small one first to see how it turns out. It is horrible to go through the process of making a whole cake and then have to throw it out b/c it comes out horribly.

Good Luck and I agree with the family go with the regular cake just eat a smaller portion.

Have a great birthday!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I don't know about a healthier icing, but you could always have a "diet coke" cake. All you do is mix a store bought cake mix with a can of diet soda and bake like you normally would. That's it! The cake is very moist, but slightly crumblier than a normal cake mix cake. You do get a hint of the cola's flavor, so play around. I made a chocolate cake with a diet cherry pepsi. Yummy!!!
  • kd_0115
    Options
    I recently tried both cupcakes and a small cake using devil's food cake mix and a 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree. I also added 1 tsp of vanilla extract, a dash of cinnamon and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Mix it all up then bake according to the time/temp on the box. I will warn you that it is a little difficult to tell when they are done because they are so moist! I may have overbaked the small cake, but it still tasted delicious - very dense & moist. Don't skip the chocolate chips.
    For the frosting, I used cool whip. You could also make a traditional cream cheese frosting using fat free (or low-fat) cream cheese. Happy Birthday!!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    OK this has always been my favorite Bday cake sinse I was little. I tweeked the recipe to include sugar free jello and fat free cool whip.
    Jello angel Food cake
    1 angel food cake (let sit out over night to harded up alittle0
    2 Small boxs jello raspberry or strawberry
    Dissolve Jello in 1 Cup hot water
    Add 2 1/2 Cups cold water
    chill intil it just starts to set
    Then whip till light pink in colorand very airy (about 10 to 15 minutes)
    Cut cake in chuncks (small)
    Add to jello and mix
    pour in an angel food cake pan and chill overnight (you can also put in a 9x13 pan for faster setting)
    frost with the cool whip.
    This is so good and light and airy and only has about 85 cals per serving (and thats if you make the cake 12 servings witch is a big peice of cake)

Happy Birthday:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Pam
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It's your birthday do not deprive yourself. Just have a small piece and really enjoy it! Depriving yourself could backfire (it always does for me)
  • mrsbice
    Options
    i would still make the cake you want, but have a smaller piece. for the icing, just make it with a low fat cream cheese, and i would use bitter sweet chocolate chips in the cake. i am not sure if they are lower calories, but they have proven that bitter/dark chocolate is better for you.

enjoy your b-day!