Help!!

Options
Can someone tell me why I am allowed 220 g of carb on my calorie tracker, but only 60 grams of protein?
I am trying to cut down on CARBS and I feel I need more protein because I am working out. Is my thinking totally screwed up? I never even come close to reaching my daily goal on carbs, but am always over on my protein (especially if I substitute a protein shake for a meal).

What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Its a litle un balanced. Eat more protien but be sure you don't eleminate carbs alltogether your body needs them just as much as protien! Good luck.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Go into your home, goals, then custom settings. You can change your percentages to whatever you think will work for you.
  • gramgin
    gramgin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did that too. And I try not to go over on calories, carbs or fat, but going over on protein is ok, I figure!
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    Check your goals by clicking on My Home, then goals, then change goals, then the "custom" radio button. That will show you the percentage breakout between carbs, protein, and fat that MFP allots you based on your sex, etc. If you think they are too high in carbs, you can always chose a lowe r percentage and add the difference to your protein percentage.

My wife and I were just having the same discussion because she thinks that I am being alloted too many carbs, too. That's because she's been a regular at Curves For Women and uses their percentages.

I told her, that in case she hasn't noticed after living with me for nearly 35 years and having 2 kids, I'm a man and she's a woman! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: We're built differently.

And Viva La Difference!!! :drinker: