Last 17lbs-thoughts/ideas/advice? Please help TIA

Options
I have my last 17lbs to lose! I've lost 53lbs so far from the start of my journey! I've now been at this weight within 5lbs for 6 months though. So this is taking a lot longer to want to come off than the first. And I know it always comes off a lot faster in the beginning. But I want to be able to try to set goals for myself. I know 17 isn't a lot for some but for me it seems like another 53! LOL So I was thinking of setting smaller goals than looking at the bigger number. So, with eating healthy and I'm going to try using my treadmill and doing random exercises at home 3-5 times a week for 30-60 minutes each time how long do you think it will take me to lose the 17 lbs so I can then break it down into smaller goals?

My honey also told me today when I reach my goal weight he has a big surprise for me! :)

I started at 200. I currently weigh 147, I want to get to 130. I'm 5'4. I'm at my goal size which is an 8 in pants which is funny because I'm at my goal size pants but not to my goal weight so I'll be even smaller in size pants even better! :)

Any idea's thoughts advice would be great! Thanks for everyones support!

Replies

• Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    BUMP-Anyone? :-/
  • Bam1369
    Bam1369 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I have a LONG way to go before I'll be at only 17 pounds. However, I had a thought. Spring (SUmmer) clean your house. IT really does burn the calories, especially if you move all of the furniture and get rid of all of those annoying dust bunnies. :) Also, a friend of mine used to eat a grapefruit for breakfast every morning when she was trying to lose 5-10 pounds. She used sweetener on it instead of sugar. It helped her. Personally, I didn't have the will power or the love of grapefruit to do it myself. LOL Good luck and great job on the weight lost already!! :)
  • Ralstonk2
    Options
    Ok, so I have a LONG way to go before I'll be at only 17 pounds. However, I had a thought. Spring (SUmmer) clean your house. IT really does burn the calories, especially if you move all of the furniture and get rid of all of those annoying dust bunnies. :) Also, a friend of mine used to eat a grapefruit for breakfast every morning when she was trying to lose 5-10 pounds. She used sweetener on it instead of sugar. It helped her. Personally, I didn't have the will power or the love of grapefruit to do it myself. LOL Good luck and great job on the weight lost already!! :)

My man told me about it speeding up your metabolism and we used to drink grapefruit juice in the morning together. We used to buy a gallon and between the two of us we'd drink the gallon in two days. LOL But I HATE grapefruit and the juice but I forced the juice down but it's to much work trying to eat it when I don't like it. Drinking it is one thing, I can just chug it down and only taste it for a second. LOL I may try it again for a week or so and see if it helps. Thanks for bringing that back up! And I did just do that to my spare room actually! :) Which cleaned off my treadmill because it was being used for storage space now it's cleaned off and ready to use!
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I consistently see dieters who have lost a lot report the last twenty is the toughest. Your body's caloric requirement has changed, and there also made some hormonal issues coming into play(google leptin) My suggestion would be to normalize caloric intake for a couple of weeks, then resume your diet again. Be patient, but persistent.
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have 18 pounds to go and I am in my 2nd week of TurboFire. This seems to be working for me so far as I've lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    You may be at your healthy weight. How did you come up with the magical 130lbs?

If you're in an 8, and that's where you wanted to be, why worry about it?
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Drinking juice is different than just throwing a grapefruit in your blender. Maybe if you opened your diary up for suggestions, people can give you a restart idea.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Honestly, there is no way to tell how long it will take you simply because the body doesn't always do what it's told. I also have 17 lbs left until goal and it's definitely frustrating. I do cardio 4x a week and strength training 3x a week, eat pretty healthy and it's coming off VERY slowly. But as long as I keep on keepin' on, I know I'll get there.
  • Ralstonk2
    Options
    You may be at your healthy weight. How did you come up with the magical 130lbs?

If you're in an 8, and that's where you wanted to be, why worry about it?

My legs are not even close to where I want to be at! My thighs are horrible. So I just know I'll go down in size when I lose inches. I wanted to be at 140 but changed it to 130. That's just where I want to be at. So then I always have give room.

And I stopped logging my food.
  • Silvergamma
    Silvergamma Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck with 5 to go for about 6 months also. I started logging my food again, and I think that I've been more off with my eating than I thought I was. The last 10-20 are the most difficult. I would suggest you start logging again. Set your weekly calorie deficit to ~0.5 lb/week. Focus on strength training and interval training. Cut out processed food where possible, keep your sodium under 2,500, and reduce/cut out alcohol and caffeine.
  • Ralstonk2
    Options
    Thanks everyone for their thoughts and idea's and help! I appreciate it!
  • Ralstonk2
    Options
    Let me ask one big thing! During this whole journey. I have lost my 53 lbs with diet alone no exercise. I mean, I've done a work out video here and there like once every month or two and maybe go for a run every 3 months or so but NOTHING steady at all. So this has been all diet. Do you think with me adding the treadmill, lunges, squats, lifting weights a little bit will help lose too? Since I've done all this so far with no exercise? If I continue with the way I've been eating and add exercise I should lose right?
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Whats your weight now, height, calorie intake on an average day, how many days do you do cardo, weights, shakes or bars or pills? When doing cardio do you do ladders or the same pace. Calisthenics with weights or no?
  • Ralstonk2
    Options
    I was reading and wondering what excercises you were doing... and your last post confirmed not much. I would add some excercise- maybe 30 -45 minutes of cardio and 30 -45 minutes of weight training on alternating days--6 days a week- and eat back everything you burn -- that may jump start your metabolism.

Yes, I'm a single mom of two work full time and go to school full time as well. So when the weight started coming off without exercising I just kept at it. But years ago before my kids, that was all I used to do. 3-5 hours a day I would work out. I lived to work out. But now I have kids and don't have that much time or the money for a gym memebership like I did then. Cause I went to a gym then. But I have some weights at home and a treadmill and tons of work out video's and a long hallway for lunges! LOL So I think I'm going to start adding those! Thanks!
  • Ralstonk2
    Options
    Whats your weight now, height, calorie intake on an average day, how many days do you do cardo, weights, shakes or bars or pills? When doing cardio do you do ladders or the same pace. Calisthenics with weights or no?

147, 5'4 usually eat between 1600-1900 and right now and through my whole journey I have not worked out. I've lost 53lbs on diet alone. No diet pills either. Just watching what I eat.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at 10-15 last pounds too as well.
    I have limited wheat/pasta/breads/ bad carbohydrates. (I'm also just not a carb-craver)
    Also going from moderate walking for long time to signing up with a gym/ walking/yoga.
  • Ke1ra78
    Ke1ra78 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Im stuck on my last 20lb.
    Im trying to up my exercise and do different things so my body doesn't get used to it and drinking loads of water.
    Maybe start logging your food again to check your eating what you think you are. Well done on 53lb loss ad good luck on the next
    17. ;-)
  • alexis831
    Options
    Well first congrats on the lose to date! I would check out the body for life program online it is free and has a lot of information. I think you can get their in under 90 days if you push yourself however, you need to include working out to do so. You should try doing cardio in intervals 3 times a week and weights/calisthenics/toning 3 times a week. Intervals meaning you do ladders or something of that nature. It burns 20%-30% more calories doing it that way. All you need in 20 min for each. That and drop your calories down to around 1500 or less if you would like. To maintain your current weight without working out you should be eating around 1790 calories a day (when you hit your goal of 130 you should be eating 1697 a day). If you are hitting close to that right now calorie wise you aren’t going to lose that last bit very fast since it is so close to where you should be anyway. When you drop your calories make sure and eat 5-6 small meals a day which will keep your metabolism going. Both cardio and weights is needed to jump a metabolism and keep it going strong. Too many people think just cardio does that but weights can sometimes jump it even more. If you are worried about gaining muscle don’t be. Muscle can actually make you look leaner and smaller because is holds everything together nicely. You can do high reps at low weights and cut down a little more on protein if you are worried about that. There are many things you can do this is just how one poster does it. The main thing is to stay consistent, your body will plateau at many times but keep going hard because you will go down after that point. I have had a plateau that lasted over a week or two then I lost like 3 pounds.
  • Ralstonk2
    Options
    Well first congrats on the lose to date! I would check out the body for life program online it is free and has a lot of information. I think you can get their in under 90 days if you push yourself however, you need to include working out to do so. You should try doing cardio in intervals 3 times a week and weights/calisthenics/toning 3 times a week. Intervals meaning you do ladders or something of that nature. It burns 20%-30% more calories doing it that way. All you need in 20 min for each. That and drop your calories down to around 1500 or less if you would like. To maintain your current weight without working out you should be eating around 1790 calories a day (when you hit your goal of 130 you should be eating 1697 a day). If you are hitting close to that right now calorie wise you aren’t going to lose that last bit very fast since it is so close to where you should be anyway. When you drop your calories make sure and eat 5-6 small meals a day which will keep your metabolism going. Both cardio and weights is needed to jump a metabolism and keep it going strong. Too many people think just cardio does that but weights can sometimes jump it even more. If you are worried about gaining muscle don’t be. Muscle can actually make you look leaner and smaller because is holds everything together nicely. You can do high reps at low weights and cut down a little more on protein if you are worried about that. There are many things you can do this is just how one poster does it. The main thing is to stay consistent, your body will plateau at many times but keep going hard because you will go down after that point. I have had a plateau that lasted over a week or two then I lost like 3 pounds.

Thanks for your information! Yeah I've just recently gotten off my plateau that I was on for 5 months! Phew! But I was really stressed during that time. And some of my stress is starting to be released little by little so I'm hoping that helps. Yes I'm going to start doing cardio and weights. I want to tone and bulk up. And not be manly looking but I want to have definition. And I don't want my legs to jiggle! When I walk my thighs jiggle but that's the biggest part of me and I want them to slim down as much as I can get them down! LOL And honestly besides toning up the rest of my body that's what I want to slim down is my legs/thighs.
  • alexis831
    Options

Thanks for your information! Yeah I've just recently gotten off my plateau that I was on for 5 months! Phew! But I was really stressed during that time. And some of my stress is starting to be released little by little so I'm hoping that helps. Yes I'm going to start doing cardio and weights. I want to tone and bulk up. And not be manly looking but I want to have definition. And I don't want my legs to jiggle! When I walk my thighs jiggle but that's the biggest part of me and I want them to slim down as much as I can get them down! LOL And honestly besides toning up the rest of my body that's what I want to slim down is my legs/thighs.

Check out that site then... it will help teach you how to gain some deffinition. Just more reps at lower weights for you and don't eat too much protein and you should be good on not "bluking up" Good luck to you!