a rant about the realtors we rent from

Options
leomom72
leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
ok, a little rant..im starting to regret renting this house..i love the neighborhood, and the people that live here, but we are paying a **** ton of money for not a whole lot..when we moved in, there were dead bugs everywhere inside the house, and the realtor said they were going to come clean up before we moved in..obviously they didnt..at least once a week i have to sweep and vaccuum dead rolly pollies and earwigs from almost every room in the house because they are coming in from somewhere..then about a month ago, we noticed a mass amount of black widows underneath the step to the back door..when i went to pay rent for june, i mentioned to them i wanted someone to come out and spray around the house, because there are a lot of little kids that play around here..i hadnt heard anything from anyone, so i called on tuesday to remind them, and the realtor got annoyed that i hadnt mentioned it within the 1st 30 days we were here..can i help it if BUGS decide to come later on ?? anyhow, she told me she was going to get ahold of a company to make an appointment to come out and spray, and i have not heard from them yet..isnt that what a landlord or realtor is supposed to do with tenants when they need something ?? fix **** ?? especially when we are paying a bunch of money, especially when the value should be a LOT lower ?? we dont live in a dump by any means, but c'mon..dont make a case out of taking care of your tenants, just please come do it..so far we have had to have someone come out and fix something at least once a month since we have been here..this is starting to piss me off !!!

Replies

• Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    You should be addressing it to them in writing. If it's verbal they can deny you ever spoke to them about the problems. Can you get out of the lease?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    Is there anything about pest control in the lease? I've always paid for my own when I rented.

Some stuff is your responsibility. I'm not saying this is the case here, but do you know what your state laws say about Landlord/Tenant/Pest control?
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    The obvious solution would be to complain on a weight loss forum
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Check your lease to make sure it's not something you have to cover. Might want to check with your state laws as well. Also, like someone said earlier, get everything in writing. Verbal means it never happened.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options

always one of these people..thats why there is a forum called chit chat, fun and games..something out of fitness, so keep your opinion to yourself..:laugh: but thanks to everyone else..i guess i never thought of that..im just so used to having them take care of it..but dammit i expect things to be taken care of for all the money we pay them :wink: LoL
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options

Their realtor might be trying to lose weight as well, and this be an indirect reminder.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

always one of these people..thats why there is a forum called chit chat, fun and games..something out of fitness, so keep your opinion to yourself..:laugh: but thanks to everyone else..i guess i never thought of that..im just so used to having them take care of it..but dammit i expect things to be taken care of for all the money we pay them :wink: LoL

I get that. All I'm saying is when you have a problem its better to take action and deal with it than come on the intertubes to complain