I need some advice please :)

Options
I am so bloated all the time :( my belly sticks out even more!!

I don't drink as much water as I should. I'm going to start filling a big pitcher of the amount I need to drink. I eat well. No packaged foods. But anyways, I was thinking I need to do a cleanse or fast or something. I think I am retaining water since I am not drinking enough.

Anyone have suggestions on a cleanse, fast, or any other advice??

Replies

• aeswan
    aeswan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Um, I think you answered your own question.....
    More water! :drinker: :drinker:
  • deeanna13
    deeanna13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about fasting and all that. But, what I can tell is that I can't do the whole fill up a big jug and drink on it all day. I don't know why...its a little intimidating to me. What I do is try to drink at least 4 bottles of water a day. Seems like a lot, but I don't drink coffee and I always wake up thirsty. I drink one before I even get to work. I usually have one during the morning. I do have a Diet Coke at lunch...I know sinful!!! After work, I usually have a water with a Crystal Lite and then I can usually just slam one before bed. I am a guzzler so I can guzzle a whole bottle and it is fine.
    Hope that helps. For me, smaller is better. It is like taking the big picture and breaking it up. I definitely feel a sense of satisfaction when I throw away a bottle!
  • asharp
    asharp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You should see a doctor. Do you have chronic constipation? it may be a motility issue and your intestines do not empty completely. Exercise will help and plenty of water, but I would suggest seeing a doc or NP.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    With any kind of "Cleanse" whether it is colon or whatever the main thing you will lose is MONEY! Please talk to your Dr or a health care professional before you try that route.

It is much safer and better for your body to drink more water and watch your sodium intake. Plus some healthy food (broccoli for nstance) can cause gas which may cause some abdominal bloating.
  • greenstar1216
    Options
    Thank you so far! You all are quick lol

I was not really thinking of a cleanse where I had to buy anything. I have heard of the ones where you just drink fresh citrus juices and lots of water or just eat certain types of vegetables and fruit and nothing else but I wasn't so sure about them...I know i need to start trying to drink more water :/
  • aeswan
    aeswan Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago my husband tried one of those cleanses--involved fasting for a day, drinking a glass of unsweetened cranberry juice every 2 hours or some such... anyway, it didn't help at all. He started seeing an Ayurvedic Practitioner after that, and she helped him out a ton, just with some simple diet and sleep changes, and some herbal supplements. But seriously, drink some water!
    Good luck!
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Sometimes it could be what you eat. However, seeing the doctor is a good idea if it is consistant. I take fiber supplements--psyllium seed to help if constipated which can cause bloating. good luck!:flowerforyou: