Sweet Tooth

Options
Do you know how skinny I'd be if I didn't have these cravings for sweets!! I've tried drinking water, I've tried gum, I've tried peppermint tea, what else can I do? It doesn't matter how full I am or how fresh my mouth tastes, I still can't resist the cookies, cakes, ice cream, chocolate....ok starting to drool on my keyboard, someone help me out! :explode:

Replies

• kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I need to stop letting the bad stuff into my house because I can't leave it alone! I think I am an emotional eater as well. Today, I was feeling really bad about my body (I just had a baby on October 3) and so my solution was to eat a Caramilk bar and some girl guide cookies!!!
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    mmm...girl guides=:devil: . how can you resist? you were only trying to support your local girl guide community, and she had such a sweet face, it's not your fault you now have 8 boxes of thin mints calling your name from the pantry. :laugh:
  • Angel1029
    Options
    I know how you feel because I'm the same way.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Don't have it the house... I broke down and bought the mini Ben and Jerry's cups yesterday. I've ended up having one after dinner two nights in a row. Luckily they are pre-measured servings so at least I'm not eating an entire bowl. I tend to eat pretty healthy the rest of the day and tend to be under my calories so I shouldn't feel so bad, but I still know it'd be better without them. I have finally managed to pretty much not touch the still remaining Halloween candy we have left though :laugh:. If you live with someone you could maybe buy a bag of mini whatevers and have them stash it somewhere and only allow you one each day? It's not about NOT having it... it's about not overdoing it when you have it.

I also no longer will keep diet coke in the house and only allow myself to buy a single bottle if I'm out somewhere. I won't get it at restaurants either because they will KEEP refilling the cup and you end up drinking a ton of soda.. diet or otherwise.