Fibro carb/fat/protein ratio suggestions needed

Options
I have been suggested to do a ratio of 30%carbs / 30%Fat / 40%protein so I changed my settings to accomplish that,,,,,well in a 1200 cal day that means I need 90carb 40fat 120protein Fat is ok I am always good there ~ I need help with suggestions of lower carb & higher protein options :tongue:

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    At 1200 cal per day 30% carbs would be 360cal which if you use 4 cal/gm give you 90g of carbs and 480 cal of protein would be 120 g.

Your math is right!

As to actual foods, I'm a carb lover but I'd say more lean protein (chicken, tuna, lean steaks) and dial back the bread, pasta etc (more vegetables than fruits)
  • sunshinedean
    sunshinedean Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Do you have any suggestions of higher protein low carb foods?
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have been suggested to do a ratio of 30%carbs / 30%Fat / 40%protein so I changed my settings to accomplish that,,,,,well in a 1200 cal day that means I need 90carb 40fat 120protein Fat is ok I am always good there ~ I need help with suggestions of lower carb & higher protein options :tongue:

I need help with this too!!! I need protein options.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Tuna. Tuna tuna tuna.

Chicken.

Cottage cheese (lowfat if you prefer to reduce fat)
  • Royaltvii
    Royaltvii Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    tuna. cottage cheese, and yogurts are good choices and certain protein shakes too. I will bump this for laterc ause I need other ideas too!
  • jbelda
    jbelda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm doing a 30%carb, 30% protein, rest fat. I try to limit my carbs to less than 150g/day and the weight is melting off. I feel fantastic! Some of my favorite high protein/fiber low carb foods are all meats, ricotta cheese (seriously, it goes with everything), eggs, spinach, oat bran bread (one slice in the morning with egg whites, spinach and a slice of provolone cheese with REAL BUTTER keeps me full until lunch!), and any salads with avocados, tuna, and/or eggs. Sugar free chocolate fudge pudding at night with a small dollup of full fat Cool-Whip keeps me from caving into the bakery around the corner from my office. Low carb WORKS! I'm down 13 lbs since May 1st - good for you for embracing it! I have also relied heavily on www.about.com for ideas, recipes, and shopping lists - just go to the site and search 'low carb' - there's even a daily email digest to help you along! Good luck!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    My ratio is 35% protein, 35% carbs, and 30% fat. I usually go over on protein. I eat things like big green salads (romaine, Italian blend, or butters blend usually) with full fat salad dressing (currently I'm eating a lot of the Olive Garden bottled Italian dressing) topped with 6 oz. of grilled chicken breast, cheeseburgers without the bun (or I'll put half of it on half a bun), salmon fillets, grilled or baked chicken breast, etc. I could eat more beef, but I prefer chicken and only eat it occasionally. I always have either a veggie or a salad (or both) with my protein, but I choose the lower carb veggies (broccoli, fresh green beans, cauliflower, etc). I still eat fruit occasionally-usually in a protein shake. I use a protein shake that has 26 g of protein and only 3-4 g carbs (depending which flavor), and I mix it in different ways--usually with some cottage cheese (sounds strange, but it's very delicious and creamy), berries, spinach, and avocado (again-sounds strange, but it's very creamy with the avocado).

I also eat a lot more than 1200 calories...1200 isn't really sustainable for very long, IMO.