Hello

Options
Hey all am new here. I am trying to lose about 10 lbs but more to the point I am trying to tone up my body a bit.
I gained a bunch of weight after/during my two pregnancies (I am sure you have heard this story before :0 ). I have managed to lose all the weight but need to tone my body back up.
I really do not enjoy exercising. I love to walk but with two little ones its hard for me to get out for a good heart racing walk. Hubby and I work opp shifts so I get no time kid free to go walking. I have an elliptical which I use while I am watching tv and just started the 30 day shred (for the second time). I have been down this road before and I do great for 3-4 weeks then I lose my motivation.
So now I am here and hoping that by having to track my food and exercise and reading the insipring stories I will not lose my motivation.
I do have one question for you all.....what do you do for sore muscles?? I killed my triceps (I pushed my self too hard) and I have been doing stretches (both static and large movement types) and applying heat for about 10 minutes at a time. Any other suggestions?

Replies

• mtraver88
    mtraver88 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi, you can try glutamine. usually you mix a heaping teaspoon in with a drink (I used almond milk). It's supposed to help muscle recovery. you should be able to find it in a health food store or vitamin place. Hope it helps! :)
  • bcsiszer
    bcsiszer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Soaking in a tub with a little epson salt in it helps me. I like to get the lavender scented kind.