Support, please? Wanting a healthy family...

Options
Hi! I am Sarah and I am looking for support and motivation. Although I do want to lose 50 pounds, it is more important to me to set a good example for my 4 year old and 2 year old. I don't want them to think of me as "on a diet," and I don't want to completely restrict any foods. Instead I want to lose by making better, healthier choices for myself and my family. Hoping for something we can all stick with for the long haul.

Is anyone out there in the same boat? I would especially like to share ideas for family meals that are easy, healthy and satisfying. My husband is not very helpful with accountability, so that would be great too!

Thanks!

Replies

• mebuthalf
    mebuthalf Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids under 5 and they are very impressionable, so I definitely know what you mean. I have 70-100 lbs left to lose depending on where I choose to stop. Love making new friends :-)
  • mtraver88
    mtraver88 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hey! I am a mom of 3 (9, 5, and 3) so I know what you both mean. I'm on here every day so please feel free to add me. Love making friends and helping support them!
  • mckellipgirl
    mckellipgirl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You have completely read my mind. I have an 8 year old and 4 year old and they are why I'm here. (And for myself) but I'm here to learn to make the right decisions and keep it that way. It'll eventually rub off on them... :D
  • sacorner
    sacorner Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm absolutely in the same boat! I have a 20 month old son and I have been doing my best to keep him busy and active but now I want to set an example for overall healthy habits, especially when it comes to food. I have about 40 lbs to lose and I want to teach him early to take care of himself and the importance of a healthy life style. Not to mention wanting to get to my optimal health because we want to have more kids at some point :)

I'll add you! It would be great to have some more like minded people for support and motivation :)
  • mr_darrin
    mr_darrin Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,

recently married and everyone at the wedding commented on how much i look like my dad......who is over weight and has been for as long as I can remember!!

I only look like him because I have gained too much weight and I sepnt my youth moaning at him to loose weight. Now I am turning into him. My wife and I are trying for kids, and I don;t want to start as the fat dad in the first place. Need to loose it now!!!

Anyway....rant over, Good luck to all xxx