Dont know what to do...

Options
So i broke my leg roller skating. Been bed resting for 3 weeks already and will have a cast on till december. My Meds are so strong i have to eat ever 4 hrs and i feel like i have to eat a decent amount of food, other wise i feel nauseated. I feel like im going to gain all my wheight back :( Having a hard time eating the right foods considering im being taken care of and i have not gone grosery shopping... Sorry Just needed to vent .

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Take some Gravol (Dramamine) with your meds, and you won't get that nausea. I can't take pain medications without anti-nausea medication.
  • ziggystar82
    Options
    thats a good idea, ill have to try it. thanks
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your broken leg. That stinks. Now I'm a little more nervous as my 9-year-old daughter has convinced me to start roller skating again. I've gone twice and haven't fallen once. But being 35 and responsible for making money in my household as opposed to being 15 and my biggest concern was "does he like me or not" does put things into perspective. I have NO IDEA what I would do in your situation. But I certainly hope you feel better soon and have cool artist friends to make your cast look awesome.
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    ouch, sorry to hear that!

Any anti-emetics should help. If not otc ones ask your doc for a script:wink:
  • laura11248
    laura11248 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I so feel your pain! 2 years ago I broke my ankle and needed surgery... a 6 inch plate and 11 screws...thank you very much! I have to say the 2 weeks of bed rest having to wait on the swelling to go down before surgery...stunk! But outside of that...walking with crutches is hard work. You have to burn amazing amounts of calories...doing anything takes extreme amounts of energy! I can remember being physically exhausted and going to bed at 7pm every night once I returned to work!

My advice is once you can tolerate the leg in a dependent position...get up and get moving! You will have your life back and get toned arms to boot! Just watch the crutches on wet floors...not fun!

Oh and one more thing...I had to do Physical Therapy of 3 months...it is like having your own personal trainer help you back on your feet!

Good Luck!
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    If you want something natural for anti-nausea, try ginger pills. Or maybe the doctor can prescribe something less strong for you. You won't need to take the meds until December, I assume, right?

Just keep sticking to your calories, and you will do fine! Try to eat healthy filling foods, like whole grains, fruits, & veggies. Peanut or cashew butter on an apple, etc.

I am so sorry, and I hope you're feeling better soon!
  • ziggystar82
    Options
    thanks for everyones support ill will take into consideration all your suggestions!