gained 3 pounds in 2 days.....

Options
Okay,
I know that is not physically possible, If anything I have eaten less the last 2 days, I started a new job at a salon and have been crazy busy and productive with little time to eat, i still got in 3 meals but barely hit 900 calories.. monday i got on the scale and it said i weighed 147 pounds, and yesterday i got on and it said i was 149.8.... so i thought maybe it was a mistake. I weighed myself again today and it was the same. I feel bloated and fat right now... monday i felt awesome...
The weather here has shot up to a whopping 100 degrees, so i've been trying to keep hydrated... could my body be retaining that much water!? what can i do to get that number on the scale to go down again! I am very annoyed, i've worked VERY hard wtih my weight loss and i want to cry because my body keeps losing a pound and gaining a pound... and i know one pound doesn't sound like a lot but i'm so close to my goal weight of 145 that it's killing me! any advice!?

Replies

• Maintain4Life
    Options
    I'm really against weighing myself in every day. Weekly weigh-ins are when you'll get a true accounting of your actual weight loss. There are so many factors as to why you'd gain wait from day to day. Don't pay too much attention to it. Just drink lots of water to stay hydrated in that warm weather.

When I got really close to goal, my weight loss graph looked more like a mountain range than a ski slope. :-) Good luck!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Yep, your body can retain that much water, especially if you're getting more physical activity than you're used to.
  • mlvafiadis
    Options
    i haven't done anything different in terms of activity... i am active at my job, as in cleaning and standing the whole day... i'm just hating this... ive been drinking enough water so why is my body holding on to it!