Paleo Diet anyone?

Options
caiseya
caiseya Posts: 1 Member
Anyone else trying the Paleo Diet?

So many conflicts on what you can / cant eat. Some say no dairy, some say butter is ok!

A

Replies

• PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Paleo for 6 months now and I LOVE it! Butter is okay if you get clarified butter (hope I spelled that right). A brand I use, the only one I know of, is Ghee. It is alright, but if you really want butter it is the Paleo way to go. You can also make your own by melting your current butter in the microwave and then scraping off the film that gathers on top. then letting the remaining butter re-solidify.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Im doing a diet close to Paleo I allow myself cheese/dairy :) but most of my food is Paleo/primal style. This diet has been the only thing that has helped me drop weight ;) I love the fact that I can eat as much meat/veggies as I want!

The only negative thing I have found is the "looks" people give you when they see what you eat but w/e lol :)!
  • lolamwest
    lolamwest Posts: 40
    Options
    Anyone else trying the Paleo Diet?

So many conflicts on what you can / cant eat. Some say no dairy, some say butter is ok!

A

It’s hard to say whether or not any DIET can come highly recommended, because each person’s body works differently, and we all have different cravings I have friends who have done the Paleo diet, and have transformed their lives. But if you are anything like me, cutting out any particular food group all together can be quite difficult. I think aspects of this diet plan are amazing though, and fully support a low preservative life style.

In my opinion, if you are considering Paleo, you may want to also look into a clean eating program. Clean eating cuts out processed foods like the Paleo diet, but it is not as strict about what you can/cannot have.

Eating fresh, nutrient packed foods that you enjoy and making life long changes will give you the longest lasting success.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I try sometimes to follow it - lately not so much! But a trainer my friend works out with advocates it and he says pastured/organic butter is okay. He recommends Kerrygold or a local organic butter.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • Xandralexa
    Xandralexa Posts: 87
    Options
    I recently gained an interest in this after viewing this link: http://greatist.com/health/the-ultimate-guide-to-eating-paleo-022012/
    It mentioned something about clarified butter.