Ridiculously low calorie, low fat salad dressing

SelkieGhost
SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
1 tb fat free plain yogurt - 7 calories
1 ts raw honey - 21 calories
1/2 ts lemon juice - 0 calories

Total calories = 28

That's it... makes enough for 1 serving on a salad (assuming you don't drench salads with dressing). It's sweet, a bit tangy, and very good :-)

I came up with this because I have lots of salad stuff in the house now - but did not pick up any salad dressing. I was remembering some of the salads I'd have in Turkey - and recalled a lot of them seemed to be a yogurt base, so figured it was worth a shot to come up with my own. My first attempt yesterday was not a win - but today's recipe (the one posted) is quite tasty :-)

Replies

• Sounds good! I'm going to try it
  • sounds good
  • bampitt
    bampitt Posts: 43 Member
    I will try it too. Sounds very good. Thanks for the tip!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    sounds good! Thank you :happy:
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    MMMmmmmm!! Going to try it on my salad for lunch!!
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    something else i have been using is homemade tzasiki (the white sauce on the gyros)

i use the plain greek yogurt, add 1/2 cucumber diced small, 3 cloves garlic or to taste, i use this to top chicken, tuna, salad, in pitas. delicious.
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    1 tb fat free plain yogurt - 7 calories
    1 ts raw honey - 21 calories
    1/2 ts lemon juice - 0 calories

Total calories = 28

That's it... makes enough for 1 serving on a salad (assuming you don't drench salads with dressing). It's sweet, a bit tangy, and very good :-)

I came up with this because I have lots of salad stuff in the house now - but did not pick up any salad dressing. I was remembering some of the salads I'd have in Turkey - and recalled a lot of them seemed to be a yogurt base, so figured it was worth a shot to come up with my own. My first attempt yesterday was not a win - but today's recipe (the one posted) is quite tasty :-)

If you're interested, check out (Walden Farms) salad dressing. Its calorie FREE!! but tastes awesome, lots of variety in flavors. No I'm not a walden farms sales rep, but I pimp there products so often I should be.:grumble:

Awesome salad dressing recipe by the way.,:smile:
  • SelkieGhost
    SelkieGhost Posts: 115 Member
    Not familiar with the brand - but it makes me wonder what the ingredients are. Any of the artificial sugar subs makes me pretty ill - really bad stomach pain (splenda, nutrasweet, etc etc). Plus, being in Guam, I'm fairly limited on things a lot of people stateside might take for granted :-)
  • I'm going to try this I hate using thestore bought because of the sugar in them.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    I also add an envelope of dry Ranch Dressing mix to a large tub of plain yogurt and it makes a great dip for veggies or I'll take about a quarter cup of the yogurt/ranch mix and add some fat free milk to thin it out and it makes a yummy light salad dressing!!
This discussion has been closed.